03

"Ever since you entered my life, my dreams, my future; everything has changed."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hyungwon leaned on the railing of the Mapo bridge, though this time not considering jumping off, for once. He was just wasting time there. He was on his last few hours on the agreement he made with Wonho.

Yet he still hadn't made his mind. Sure. He didn't want to die yet but joining would go against what he had sworn. Even if somewhere deep inside he wanted to join. Go back to what life was before the pit of loneliness he had fallen into.

Even if nothing would be the same without him.

His fingers were tightly grasped around his phone. Letting out a sigh, the hitman opened the phone and pulled up Wonho's number. He squinted his eyes a bit as the bright screen opened before his eyes. The other man hadn't texted or contacted him for the past days. Not that Hyungwon complained.

His fingers hovered above the keys as a slightly bitter chuckle escaped from the hitman. "I'm sorry." He mumbled before tapping out a message on the screen. He knew exactly who he had apologized to, even if it wouldn't have been necessary in the other man's opinion.

"If you want to do something in your life, do it and don't hang onto me if I am against it."

He pressed send and waited until he was sure that the message was sent before chucking the device into the river flowing under the bridge. Pulling away from the railing, he walked off of the bridge to where he had parked his car. Was this a mistake? Probably.

H.One
I'll do it.

Typing the familiar address into the shitty navigator, he sighed. After starting up the car he started driving off to the distant cement block.

Regret burned inside him already. If it was to happen again, could he handle it? Probably not... Definitely not but if it was up to Hyungwon; he wouldn't let it happen again. But you can never predict the future.

The drive felt awfully short this time and every other second Hyungwon considered driving off of the road. Running off. But eventually he found himself back at the fenced area. It didn't take long until he was let in through the gate.

"You know where to go." The blonde guy at the door said. It was the same person who he had met the first time around. Hyungwon cursed under his breath as he started walking to Wonho's office.

He entered the room without knocking. Wonho was expecting him anyways.

"You have to work on your manners." Wonho stated without even looking at the hitman. "Even your message wasn't in a formal form." From his tone, Hyungwon could tell the man was kidding around at least to some extent.

"Does it matter when you got the answer you hoped for?" Hyungwon sighed and went to sit down on the chair in front of Wonho's desk. "Hand me the contract." He said bluntly. Wonho raised his eyebrows a bit. "You seem to be in a rush." He hummed, placing the paper in front of the hitman. "I just don't want to have second thoughts."

He needed to get it over with. If he thought about it anymore he would definitely chicken out.

Wonho handed the other a pen. Hyungwon's eyes quickly read through the text once again. He huffed before signing his name on the line on the bottom. On the line next to it, he wrote his name in clean – or as clean as it can be – handwriting.

Chae Hyungwon.

He then handed the pen and paper back to Wonho. "Regret it already?" His new boss asked, as if analysing the man before him. Hyungwon took a sharp breath, right hand fingers playing with the golden ring. "Don't worry about it." He said, only earning a nod as a response.