01

"The world I lived in has flipped over, turned inside out because of you"

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hyungwon's face twisted in discomfort as he down the whiskey he had ordered. It felt uncomfortable, yet somehow it was enjoyable at the same time. Maybe it was the beginning of alcoholism.

The thought made a chuckle escape from his throat. Who was he kidding? His journey into alcoholism started years ago.

The dark haired male's ears ached from the loud EDM music echoing in the club, but it didn't bother him too much as he was deep in thought, spinning the ring on his left ring finger around. Not that he enjoyed being at clubs, but he had taken the chance to drink his feelings away since he was there.

He came to the club to kill the owner in exchange for a hundred grand, which was a lot for a shitty club owner, and the job was done quickly; the old fuck had no chance of fighting back and was now rotting in the back. It was disappointing, to be honest; the fact that it wa so easy. Killing people had lost its charm ages ago, but it was a living.

It's not like Hyungwon could just return to being a regular citizen after everything like it never happened.

The world was filled with power hungry people and to his displeasure, Hyungwon worked for the bastards. If they wanted to get rid of someone, the hitman was always a phone call away.

Speaking of phone calls; the hitman's phone started vibrating in his pocket, interrupting his sweet drinking session.

The man dug out the device, eyeing the number sequence on his screen. It wasn't one that he recognized. Maybe one of his clients got a new burner phone or it could be a completely new person who was looking to hire him.

But Hyungwon was not happy with the timing that the call came. Can a man not drink for one night?

He answered the call and, without letting the other person speak, opened his mouth. "I'm currently busy. What is it?" He asked in a cold, monotone voice while brushing his hair out of his face. He'd be lucky if the mic on his phone caught his voice instead of the blasting music.

A soft chuckle came from the other side, surprising the somewhat drunk hitman. "Is this H.One?" The man on the other side asked. Hyungwon let out a sigh, dug out his wallet and paid for his drinks before sliding down from the bar stool. Work was calling. "Yes. Who are you?" He asked and headed for the exit.

"Shin Wonho." The man said, making the hitman stop and think for a second. The Shin Wonho? Leader of the X-Crew. This made the hitman chuckle in amusement.

What was such a powerful man, gang leader, calling him for? The guy could snap his fingers and probably blow up Seoul if he wanted.

"And why are you calling me?" It came out sounding a bit - very - rude, but it was a genuine question. It's not like Wonho would need a hitman for anything.

Hyungwon heard some shuffling from the otherside. "I'd like you to handle Kang Seokwon for me. I usually handle traitors on my own, but I'm currently out on a trip and I'd like to have it taken care of as soon as possible." The man spoke. His voice was surprisingly soft; though it fit his face. The guy had the body of a greek god and the face of an angel, at least from what Hyungwon remembers from briefly seeing him at an event.

Hyungwon glanced at his wrist watch and sighed. It was only 12 AM and he was sober enough to handle a knife or a gun even. Hopefully. "Sure. Where is he?"

The call suddenly cut off without the other saying anything. Hyungwon lowered his phone, his lips slightly parted. He considered calling back, but the action was stopped by a message. It had a location linked.