16

"In this vast universe..."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

His eyes fluttered open and what followed was a wave of nausea and a piercing headache. Everything was slightly blurry as his eyes darted around the room he was in, not recognizing it so the man shot up into a sitting position. A hiss escaped from between his lips as the headache got even worse and pain in his chest arose.

Panic started to bubble up inside his chest as he truly had no clue where he was. The last recollection he had was in the forest with... What's his face... And that's it. The nausea wasn't going anywhere either so everything, in a nutshell, was very confusing

Hyungwon cleared his throat as it felt like pure sandpaper. Deciding to calm down a little bit the man allowed himself the inspect the grey room a bit more. His eyes landed on an IV drip that was attached to his forearm. He reached and pulled the needle out hissing slightly. A bruise had formed around the spot he had been pricked on. 

"Now... I just have to get out..." he whispered under his breath, throwing his long legs over the edge of the bed, feet hitting the cold floor softly. He eyed the room, spotting a boarded-up window and a door. Great so he would have to use the door.

As he sat there, trying to internally pep talk himself into standing up, a loud crash came from somewhere in the house he was in. Loud yelling ensued making shivers run down Hyungwon's back. It was Mr. Chae yelling on the other side of that door.

He couldn't have been caught. Unless what's his face sold him out? 

Hyungwon pushed himself up, legs feeling weak under his very small body weight. He walked to the door, pressing his ear against the wood trying to listen to anything going on outside.

"You're lying to me, Song!" Mr. Chae's voice rang like a gong on the other side. Gunhee cleared his throat as his eyes dropped to the broken vase on the floor. Well; At least it wasn't expensive. "And why is that?  And please, if you're going to yell in my house, get the fuck out." he spat and stood up.

His words clearly didn't impress the other man who just chuckled. "Who the hell are you to tell me to leave. I have the upper hand here. I'll burn this place to a crisp if I feel like it." Mr. Chae hissed, sharp eyes glaring at the younger man.

"By all means, go ahead," Yoonho spoke up after having stayed quiet for the conversation. Gunhee glanced at his teammate and sighed. "Well. The bitch hasn't been seen with Wonho's men or anything. And if he's not there; he's here." 

"Listen, maybe he's not been seen because he's keeping a low profile. Or maybe he's dead somewhere. That's a possibility." Gunhee scoffed. They couldn't keep the act up for long. The bastard would eventually found out that the man he was searching for was hidden away in the corner room of their house.

"And why would he be dead?" "Well, you shot him in the wrist." Gunhee shrugged his shoulders casually before sighing. 

"If you have nothing else except bullshit to spew, please go." Yoonho huffed nodding to the front door with his chin. The old man's eyebrow twitched and he stood up. "Fine then. You cockroaches aren't important anyway." He spat angrily. 

Gunhee froze slightly as the man planted his hand into the crook of his neck, squeezing a little. "I have eyes everywhere, Gunhee-ah. I know you're bullshitting me and I'll give you one last chance to hand him over to me."

The guy cursed in his head as he raised his eyes to meet the other's own. "You're way inside your head old man. He's not here and if you think he is, feel free to try and look for him." He spat. Of course, this could be solved by giving the unconscious man over to this hellspawn but Gunhee would rather keep his balls rather than having them ripped off by Wonho.