08

"..."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

"So. If I can ask..." Changkyun started, chugging the last of their apparently shared coffee. "What did Jeongwoo talk about the other day. About you hiding?" The younger asked carefully, clearly not sure whether it was a sensitive topic.

"Uh. Well." Hyungwon said, tilting his head a bit. "You'll find out in today's meeting, so... It's not like it's life threathen– Okay, well it might be." Hyungwon rambled, scratching his head.

His ramblings seemed to confuse the other man a bit more. Hyungwon smiled a bit crookedly at the younger. "But the main point is, I'd rather... I guess explain it to everyone at once rather than three or more times separately." Hyungwon finished as simply as he could and shrugged.

The younger nodded his head. "Sounds fair." The man said and stood up. "Anyways. I'm gonna go get more coffee." He hummed, shaking the cup before smiling and heading back in.

"Yah! That's my mug!" Hyungwon yelled and followed the other. As he sped past the younger he snatched the mug from the man and shoved his tongue at him. Changkyun scoffed and attempted to get the mug back but Hyungwon raised it in the air, smiling victoriously.

Changkyun scoffed. "Not fair." He said. Hyungwon walked backward. "It is. It's not my fault you're so short." He teased. The other man scoffed again, more offended this time. "Now you've done it. C'mere!"

The younger charged at the hitman who started running away. "You cockroach!" Changkyun screeched. Hyungwon laughed and ran into the kitchen, spotting Shownu at the fridge. He ran to the older, pulling him in front of him as a shield.

"The hell are you two doing?" The oldest asked, chuckling softly when he saw Changkyun ready to crush the taller like a bug.

"He called me short!" The youngest hissed. "Hyung move out of the way." He continued trying to move past the muscled man shield. The oldest of the three was visibly confused and slightly startled by the noodle-armed hitman was moving him around with no issue.

"And you're arguing over this at... 8 am?" the older asked, making Changkyun huff. "Yes. Obviously." The guy grumbled, eventually giving up trying to get to the hitman. "Kids..." Shownu mumbled, shaking his head a little. Hyungwon let go of the man once he was sure the younger wouldn't come at him again. "I win." He snickered, earning a joking glare from the younger. "This once."

"Why are you being so loud this early? I could hear it all the way from the stairs." Kihyun complained as he walked into the room. "Changkyun's fault." Hyungwon commented before the younger could even blink. "What?" Kihyun asked, clearly confused.

"Hyung don't listen to him.." The youngest complained and went to hug his lover. Hyungwon sent the man a devilish smirk before getting himself another cup of coffee.

Kihyun glanced over at Shownu, who was just as confused by the two younger members. "Just ignore them.." Shownu chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. Kihyun nodded in agreement.

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hours later the seven members have gathered in the meeting room.

"We don't have to come up with a full plan today, yet. But just an emergency plan if they attack sooner than we expect." Wonho said, leaning back in his swivel chair. The man sighed and looked at the others. "We need to tell all of our allies that they might have to prepare for war... Of course, that is the worst-case scenario." He then continued.

The others stayed quiet, not really sure of what to add.

Hyungwon tapped the desk with his fingers. "It might seem impossible, but we need to get to know their inner workings and also all their allies," Hyungwon spoke up, shaking his head a bit. "Yeah, but how? I don't think the dude is up for a conversation about his secrets." Minhyuk noted, looking at the newest recruit. "You would know." Hyungwon frowned at the statement. Hyungwon pulled his lips into a line and nodded his head at the elder.