06

"When you see me, maybe I might seem like a fool."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

"I think we can get rid of Kim. I'm fairly certain he was just thrown as a bait." Wonho spoke up, sighing. The others turned to their leader, waiting for him to continue. "He obviously doesn't know what their boss has up his sleeve. He's just a field man." He then said and dropped his chopsticks. "We'll have to find out in another way, then," Minhyuk mumbled, disapprovingly.

Hyungwon wasn't completely in on what the rival or his group had done to X-Crew, but knowing that this group was previously close with The Black Rose might be why the relationship was tight between them. Of course, you would not take lightly to your allies being killed.

Hyungwon poked at his food a little, only listening in on the conversation. "Changkyun, can you handle disposing of him?" Wonho questioned. The youngest member hummed approvingly. "I'll do it by toni-" "Can I talk to him before that?" Hyungwon interrupted, not looking up.

The question silenced the others. "Why?" Hyungwon grimaced silently and raised his head. He let out a soft breath. "Just because..." he responded simply.

Wonho stayed quiet for a few seconds, thinking about it. "Fine. Do whatever you want." The man then said while nodding his head. Hyungwon brushed his black hair away from his eyes before clearly forcing a smile. "Thanks."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hyungwon focused on the sound of his footsteps echoing in the hallway as he stepped towards the room Jeongwoo was held in. He had thought over and over what he would say or do. He still didn't know for sure, but the man couldn't attack back so it would be a prime moment to throw a few hits.

But he was doing this to let go of the things that haunted him deep inside. It wasn't solely for revenge. He would need to destroy the whole group to be in peace completely but this would do for now.

Hyungwon stopped in front of the room and took a deep breath. He opened the door with the keys Changkyun had handed him. Light flooded into the dim room as the door was opened. Hyungwon stepped in, letting the metal door close behind him.

Hyungwon's eyes landed on Jeongwoo, who was sitting on a chair, hands locked behind his back.

"Oh. It's you. Come to shove your little achievement of catching me in my face?" Jeongwoo spat angrily in that oh-so-familiar poison-filled tone. Hyungwon stared at the man silently for a few seconds, gathering his thoughts, before speaking up. "No. I'm here to talk." He stated calmly. He couldn't show that he was anxious that could just make the other man have power over him.

Wonho had clearly already beaten the bulky man quite a bit while interrogating, judging by the bruising and bleeding nose. "I told that handjob you call your boss that I don't know shit." The man scoffed and leaned back in his chair. Hyungwon only glared down at him. "First of all, watch that tongue. Second; it's not about that." He spoke coldly and pulled himself a chair to sit on.

Jeongwoo eyed the man in front of him skeptically. "Have we met before?" The man then asked, making the ex-hitman snort and laugh, even if it wasn't exactly funny. "Did you suffer from head trauma? Did my f... Did your boss whack you over the head with a brick or something and made you forget?" He sneered and cracked his knuckles.

Hyungwon looked around the room and spotted a camera that had a blinking red light. Someone was watching; not that he cared. "Does The Black Rose ring a bell? Any chance?" He asked, turning his eyes to Jeongwoo. The guy didn't look bothered. "Oh. That scrawny little shit group? They were always in the way, huh?"