13

"..."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

"Aren't we moving too soon?" Minhyuk asked quietly, interrupting Wonho's speech. The elder pulled his lips into a line and sighed softly. "I know the funeral was only a few days ago, but in all honesty, we don't have much time to just sit around." The man stated calmly.  

"Ho... Wonho is right." Shownu spoke, after having stayed mostly quiet for the past day. "It's only a matter of days until they make their move, knowing we're vulnerable." The eldest then continued, nodding his head at Wonho to continue whatever he was talking about.

"We'll have to show them that we are still standing up. We cannot let them hold this over us." Wonho then stated and clapped his hands together. "And because it's risky we won't attack anyone from the Devil's Choir. Yet." He said, eyes turning to Hyungwon who nodded his head and stood up. 

The ex-hitman had come up with a plan of his own for the job. It was nothing fancy, but it should work. He had discussed it with the leader last night, just to make sure everything would be possible.

"We'll turn our guns at their allies first. We'll just give a few warning signs, to show that we're not backing down." He said ruffling up his hair. "Mr. Chae has ties to three big names around Seoul. The Blood Cobras, Redhood, and then Kim Sooyoung, CEO of Huimang law firm. In fact, he has the whole firm wrapped around his finger." Hyungwon scoffed, making slight hand movements in an effort to make himself not seem too stiff. "But... I can eventually have my hand at her since she has hired me a few times." Hyungwon spoke, a small smirk gracing his plump lips. He cleared his throat a little. 

"Taking down the Kim will be the most difficult because all the dirt she has done has been buried so deep it'll be hard to dig up... So we'll focus on the two groups first." Wonho explained and Hyungwon nodded his head at the leader. "Exactly," he stated.

"Targeting the leaders isn't the goal here; not yet. We just need to show that we can and will eventually bring them down, so going for their right-hand men is the solution." Jooheon raised his hand, interrupting the briefing. "Isn't it risky to, you know, go for the inner circle?" The blond man questioned hesitantly.  

Hyungwon snapped his fingers and pointing at Jooheon, signaling that it was a good question. "Yes, but it will anger Mr. Chae more and the hastier his movements are; the easier it is to pull the law firm out of his hands. If he does something absolutely maniacal and there's proof of it Sooyoung might not want to help him. And bang. That's one of his lifelines gone, just like that." He explained and clapped his hands together.

If you had asked 14 to 15-year-old Hyungwon, if he would ever try and bring down the monster he had to live with, you would have gotten a firm shake of the head and a quiet, slightly scared "no." He would not even have considered talking back to the old man back then. But here he was, fueled by the hatred he never had the chance to express, ready to take down a whole system if he had to.

"Any more questions?" He asked, eyeing the other men. "Who are these right-hand men we'll be targeting? Both groups have multiple high-ranking members" Shownu questioned. "Well. ATEEZ can deal with the idiot they caught and we will go for Jang Siwoo from The Blood Cobras." Hyungwon stated. "And for the Redhood we'll just handle Min Yunho..."

"Have you done something like this before?" Minhyuk asked, eyebrows slightly furrowed. Hyungwon shook his head. "Honestly. No. But I'm confident right now." He responded firmly. Confidence was needed in the job and Hyungwon knew he couldn't show any hesitation because it would make the others hesitant to proceed as well.

"Who wants to handle the Redhood?" Hyungwon then asked, scanning the other men in the chance that any of them were completely opposed to the plan. He had already set on handling Jang and it would be better if the men would be taken care of in the same time frame so that the two groups don't have time to prepare. That wouldn't happen if he had to kill both men alone