Chapter 2 A ration bar with Adora

"Tell us what you need" said Hordette to her friend.
"Well. . ." Cupid said "The only thing I need is the lantern for the ceremony. Apperantly, my parents can't find it".
"Then we'll find it and bring it to you before the ceremony starts!" Finn said.
Them and Hordette went out of the room.
The two of them decided to split to search the lantern everywhere in the castle.
Hordette looked for it in the throne room, in the kitchens and outside.
The guests that were coming for the coronation, they all wondered what she was doing in the bushes of the garden.
"Where's that thing?!" Hordette couldn't find the lantern.
She also looked in the ballroom.
While she was there, she was surprised to find her friend, Rose Bud.
The little girl grabbed her leg and almost made her fall.
"Hello, Hordette!" Rose Bud said
"Did you miss me? I missed you! I love so much your long hair! And your big hands! They are bigger than my head" Rose Bud took one of Hordette's hands and placed it on her face.
Hordette didn't say anything yet but her nose was itchy for the flowers on the little girl's head.
"What are you doing? Are you playing a funny game? Can I play too?" Rose Bud asked, blinking.
"Sorry, Rose. I can't play with you now. I'm on a secret mission for Cupid's order" Hordette whispered to her.
Rose Bud made a sad face, because she wanted play with her.
Hordette decided to give her something to make her smile: she took a tiny robot from her pocket and gived it to the little girl, then she showed to her that if she pushed a button, the robot would made a silly dance for her.
"This is Bobby. Take care of him for me, ok?" Hordette said, petting her head.
Rose Bud laughed and pushed the button again.
That gived Hordette the chance to walk away to find the lantern.
She realized that the only place where she didn't looked was the Ronestone's room.
She reached the room with the Opal of Bright Moon and gived a look around.
She was feeling a little bit hungry, so she openned her lunch box and started to eat a grey ration bar.
After two bites, she forgot about what she was doing in there, because she was bewitched by the beauty of the Opal.
"Wow!" she whispered.
Since nobody was there other than her, she used her new and better detector to study the Runestone.
Her detector captured very powerful waves of magic coming from it.
"Fascinating!" She said.
Hordette got closer to the Runestone, then she had the idea to climb on the altar right down it. She was so close to the Opal that she could almost feel its power.
Hordette nervously stretched her arm to touch the Runestone and suddenly she heard a voice.
"Hordette! Don't do it!" Adora screamed.
Hordette quickly got down of the altar and said:
"I wasn't doing anything wrong!" And she hid the detector.
Adora went to her and tenderly placed her hand on Hordette' shoulder.
"I know, Hordette. But it wasn't clever what were doing.
It could be dangerous for you"
She wasn't angry with her, Adora was just worried for her safety.
"I'm sorry" Hordette said and her ears went down.
Adora told her that it was alright.
"Let's keep this a secret between you and me, ok?".
Hordette felt so dumb: she didn't knew what could happen if she touched the Runestone.
She set down and Adora set next to her.
"Is there something wrong, Hordette?" Adora asked to her.
"I was thinking that. . . If anything happens to me, who will care?" Hordette said.
Adora told her that what she just said was nonsense.
"There are a lot of people who care about you! Your parents, your family, your friends!
I do care about you too" .
Hordette looked into her eyes.
"And I know, you care about us as well" Adora smiled and petted her head.
Hordette smiled with her.
Adora noticed that the girl had a ration bar.
"I used to eat those, before I learned what real food tastes like" Adora asked if she had another one.
Hordette took a second ration bar from her lunch box and gived it to her.
They ate together the ration bars and then, when Hordette felt better, they got up.
"Look" Adora said, pointing at the entrance of the castle: Entrapta, Hordak and the rest of Hordette's family was coming for the ceremony.
"We must hurry" Adora said.
"Wait, I didn't find the lantern!" Hordette said.
"It's ok, we found it. Swift Wind had it for all this time. . ." Adora sighed.
They were going back to the throne room, to attend the coronation of Cupid.
But when they were almost there, Adora started to hear some weird noises.
"Why. . . Why am I hearing people screaming?" She asked, holding her head: Swift Wind was trying to communicate with her.
Hordette also felt that her father wanted to connect with her.
She saw, through the eyes of Hordak, that something terribile was happening in the throne room: everyone was screaming in fear, and the guests were trying to escape.
"There is a problem! I think someone is attacking us!" Hordette exclaimed.
Adora summoned her sword and transformed into She-ra.
The two of them reached the throne room and found a desolated battlefield.
Everyone in there was turned into a crystal statue.