Chapter 9 The Magicats

Catra started to bite and break the ropes of the net that kept her and Silver trapped.
She managed to free both of them. Then she attacked one of those people.
Hordette also freed herself: she destroyed that wooden cage and joined the battle with Silver.
Hordette easly stopped a spear that one of them threw at her, meanwhile, with a fast move of her tail, Silver brought down three of those who surrounded her.
"Retreat!".
Those people with animals masks ran away into the woods.
Hordette had already captured one, the male who asked to the others what she was.
He was hung to a tree branch, so he couldn't run away.
"What do you want to us? Eat us? Sacrifice us?" Silver asked to him.
"Make our minds connect with the one of your planet!?" Hordette yelled, holding her hair.
Catra took off his mask, to look him into his eyes.
She was shoked when she saw that they looked alike.
That man had cat ears and glowing yellow eyes, just like hers.
But they weren't identical, his nose was more like a cat's and even his fur was more wild and rough.
Not to mention that he was twice as taller than her.
"How is this possibile?" Catra said "Why do you look so much like me!?" She had no idea what was going on. She was so confused: she had never met someone so similar to her.
"Who are you?" She grabbed him by his necklaces.
"Hey! Calm down, Catra!" Silver told her.
The man was clearly trembling in fear.
"M-my name is Larry! I'm sorry! Me and my friends didn't mean to harm you!" He said.
"But you trapped us" Hordette said.
"Those traps were for the preys!" Larry swore to them.
Catra let him down from the tree and she tied his hands with the rope of the net that she had broken.
"Alright, Larry. Guide us to you friends!" She said.
"What are you doing?" Silver whispered to her "We should be in space, looking for your family!".
"I know! But. . ." Catra wanted to find her family but she also wanted to know why he was looking so much like her.
"Maybe this people know were Skeletor is!" Catra said, hoping that it could be true.
So her, Silver, Hordette, Imp and Melog followed Larry through the woods.
He guided them to a small cave, hidden by some shrubs.
Larry said that the cave hid a secret passage which led to the place where his people lived.
He made himself apart to let the girls look inside the cave.
They saw a hole on the ground, big enough to make someone go inside it.
"Watch your heads!" Larry said by pushing the three of them into the hole.
Melog and Imp followed them and then Larry did it too.
The hole was actually a slide underground, full of mud.
There was a pile of leaves at the end of the slide, they all landed on in.
When she looked up, Catra saw those who had trapped them in the woods.
They no longer wore masks, so Catra realized that Larry wasn't the only one who looked like her. They all had that cat nose and fangs but they were also pretty different from each other, for their mane and the color of their eyes.
One of them helped Larry to get up and untie the knot of the rope.
"Ha ha! In your face visitors from outer space! Now, you're our prisoners again!" Larry said to Catra and the girls.
"You think that just because there are five more of you, you can win a fight against us?" Catra asked.
"Hum, Catra?" Hordette made Catra look around them, and she saw that there weren't just five more of them, there was a whole community of big cats that had surrounded them.
Their glowing eyes emerged from the shadows like colored stars.
They had zero chance to deafeat them all.
"This is bad" Silver said.
Catra thought for a moment that it was all over; that she would have never see her family again.
Unexpectedly, a powerful roar echoed throughout the underground cave and all the cat-people turned to the source of it.
A fierce cat-woman stood above them all; she was the tallest and most beautiful of his people.
She had a brown and white coat, very long, black hair and green eyes that glowed like two emeralds.
She jumped on the rocks and landed in front of the prisoners.
All the other cat-people bow to her, like she was their queen.
"What is going on?" She asked.
Larry crawled to her.
"Felitia! Those people from outer space attacked us! And one of them yelled at me!" He whined, pointing at Catra.
Felitia looked at the prisoners.
"I see" she said looking at Catra in particular.
She walked toward them and then, with a friendly voice, she asked to them:
"Why did you attacked my hunters?".
"We attacked them!?" Silver exclaimed.
"They were the ones who attacked us first!" Hordette replied.
Catra couldn't say anything: she was mesmerized by the eyes of Felina.
"Is that so?" Felitia turned to her hunters, who were all looking guilty.
"And why would my brave hunters, who bring the food for all of us, harm one of our kind?" Felitia asked by placing her hand on Catra's cheek.
Melog growled at her.
Catra eyes dilated and her tail moved a little.
"One of your kind?" Hordette repeated, as she couldn't belive it.
"A Magicat!" Felitia said.
The hunters looked at each other, amazed.
Even Hordette and Silver were surprised.