Prologue

He laid on his back, arms behind his head, staring up into the awakening celestial, wishing for the dark swirls of night to stay with him for a little longer.

The tall grass around his figure whispered songs to him as a breeze blew past him and his long, black strands repeated the fading phrases to him as they brushed up against his forehead.

The angels above him had begun to lose their sparkle and started to dance away into the morning light. He was sad to see them go.

He reached up towards the heavens with one hand.

He longed for something of his own, something he could keep forever, something just as gorgeous as the night sky and as lovely as the evening breeze. That was his dream.

The world of colors had once again come to paint the nature surrounding him. The black and purple shades gave way to ones of blue. Sighing, he sat up and gazed at the now oncoming yellow light from the rising sun.

He spread out his leathery wings to stretch them and got up to take his leave of the silent meadow, his armor and weapons rustling as he did so.

A willow tree nearby reached out its branches towards him, begging for him to stay awhile longer, its leaves a light green in the dawn, reminding him that dreams could come true if he tried hard enough for them.

A shadow brushed past his ear, telling him something of importance. He had stayed too long here.

The sun had begun to rise over the edge of the horizon, casting everything in a golden light. The tall grass tickled his waist and another breeze brushed past him, still singing the songs of the night.

Maybe one day his dream would come true.

With a push of his wings, he sprung into the air and left the world of oblivion behind him.