Uncontrolled

(Y/N)'s POV

You let out a grunt as Azriel's sword clanged against yours.

It had been about a week since his return to the house and things had settled back into a normal pattern of training and talking with the others. Sometimes you went out into the city, other times you chose to wander around the gardens or just sit and read.

You managed to dodge another Azriel's attacks and landed about 15 feet away from him.

Your powers hadn't really made themselves known in any other way than what you already knew. It was both frustrating and a relief to you- You wanted to know what else you were capable of, but you didn't want to accidentally lose control and have someone get hurt because of it.

Smirking, you began towards charge Azriel's right side. But would he fall for it? Yep. He saw you were attacking from the right.

You quickly switched over to his left side when you got close enough, thrilled that your feint had worked so well.

Or so you thought. Azriel's shadows hit you full force, sending you rolling backwards in the dirt arena.

Damn, you thought to yourself as you quickly got back on your feet as Azriel began his onslaught of shadows intent on knocking you down again.

You barely managed to dodge a blow to your head, using your sword to block it, grunting from the impact.

Looking around, you saw that Azriel's shadows had trapped you in a bubble of darkness. Your magic shifted inside you uncomfortably. Oh no... Does this mean what I think it does?

You began to rely on instinct and your other senses to try and find the master of shadows.

He was patiently waiting to attack you again. You knew it. It was just a matter of blocking him.

Your magic shifted again inside of your chest. You began to worry about what it would do if it ended up lashing out at Azriel. You didn't want to see him hurt.

"Az-" You said worriedly, but noticed a shadow speeding toward. You dodged it, but felt a sting across your upper arm. He had managed to get you after all.

More and more shadows began to attack you from all sides and directions at once. It was beginning to wear you out, doing your best to gain the least amount of scratches as you could.

Azriel still had yet to attack you head on. That's what worried you the most. He was saving up his biggest attack as his last.

Your magic was getting harder and harder to repress. And Azriel still had no idea. A little more desperately, you tried calling out to him again, still dodging his shadows.

"Azriel-!" You were cut off yet again by a shadow that had been speeding towards your head, barely giving you time to duck.

Out of the darkness, you saw his figure emerge. Or at least you thought you did. You weren't too entirely sure since you were still busy deflecting the attacks from his shadows.

You were becoming a little scared. The two of you had trained hard before, but nothing as intense as this.

The tattoo on your chest began to glow a soft, dark purple. Oh no... You thought to yourself, trying to think again of some way warn Azriel before it was too late.

You were panting and near the point of complete exhaustion. Sweat had begun to appear on your brow and strands of your (h/c) hair had begun to come loose from your ponytail.