Thoughts

Azriel's POV

I sat out in the courtyard, letting the breeze sing to me the sweet songs of sorrow about the loss of what could've been mine. I wasn't going to let myself weep over (Y/N) and I's fate, but I was trying my best to accept it. I clenched my right hand into a fist near my side and looked down at the ground.

Every time I tried to distance myself from her, I felt myself being pulled back in by her (H/C) hair, her (E/C) eyes, her smile... I shook my head in frustration. I wish things were different... Just now, she looked like the warrior she was meant to be, prophesied to be, and all I could do now was to watch her travel down the path that would lead us all into survival. All, except herself...

Emotions were rushing through me in a way that I hadn't felt before and I just knew I couldn't- no, I wouldn't- let her face this on her own. I wasn't going to sit back and let her die for the sake of us. I shook with anger and my mind filled with sadness as I pictured her lying on the grounds of a battlefield, lifeless-

I rose to my feet and grabbed my hair out of frustration and sadness. After kicking the bench I had been sitting on, I took flight up to the roof of the House of Wind, trying to clear my mind. But the terrible thoughts and feelings of loss quickly took back over, leaving me with nothing to ponder except how I would function when she was gone and out of my reach forever-

I glared up at the cloudy sky with determination, as though the stars could feel my wrath. There was no way that I would let (Y/N) die or that I would ever give her up. (Y/N) was my mate and I was hers, and no matter what fate threw at us, I would not stoop to its levels and let it keep me from her.

"Bring it on..." I challenged to the sky above, already preparing myself for the battles to come.

(Y/N)'s POV

You roamed that halls for what felt like hours, unable to find a way out of its maze of corridors. Sighing out of frustration, you leaned your forehead against a nearby wall and groaned. Finally giving up, you decided to sit down on the floor and finally process the legend that Amren had told you, and finally, it dawned on you.

You were here because you had to defeat Tamisra, a being with immense power, using the powers given to you by the mysterious voice, which seemed to transmit its magic to you through the feather tattoo on your chest. You sighed, feeling anxious about the situation more now than ever, and put your head in your hands.

You weren't sure if you'd be able to defeat Tamisra at all, seeing as she was so powerful. You still had no idea what your capabilities were in the extent of the magic that had been given to you. As of right now, you knew that defeating Tamisra was absolutely impossible. You would need to do loads more of physical and magic training.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing sitting there on the floor, looking lost and in despair?"

Looking up from your position, you saw Cassian standing a few feet away from you, his arms crossed across his chest. He had a slight smirk on his face and had one of his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Oh... Hi. Nothing, really, I'm fine. Just got a little lost is all..." You said, somewhat embarrassed and smiled sheepishly at him.

"But one of the parlors is just down this hall...?" Cassian told you, gesturing to the hallway you assumed he had just come from.

"Oh..." You blushed. Of course, you had given up just as you had been close to successfully finding your way. Just your luck.

Cassian shook his head and headed over to you. "I don't understand how you got so lost, but I'm glad I found you anyway. Feyre wants to spend some time discussing our current situation with you."