Impatient

It's been 3 more days since you woke up. You've been caught up with every thing that happened and you're happy to say that your magic hadn't had any part in harming you or Azriel.

It turns out that instances like this were happening all over the place, in EVERY COURT. Innocent people, High Fae, it didn't matter how much magic someone had, the were targeted just the same.

An aura would pop up randomly in the court and when investigated, people were found injured and weak. Thankfully this thing hadn't managed to kill anyone yet, but according to Rhysand, it was getting stronger. The damage it dealt to yourself and Azriel was proof of that.

It would take you several weeks to make a full, healthy recovery. Everything ached, all the time. It turned out that you had 5 broken ribs, scrapes running up and down your body, as well as a cracked skull, which was nearly almost healed thanks to Feyre, who happened to find a serum to help with the injury.

Azriel still hadn't returned, although Rhysand assures you that he could handle himself and that he would return within a few days. You needed to have a talk with him, mostly about the fact that he had flown off in such a condition.

Mor wouldn't talk about Azriel when you asked her anything relating to his position or about him in general really. Not that you asked about him THAT often. Just twice a day, mostly once since you were busy helping out around the townhouse for the most part. The shadow servants, Nuala and Cerridwen, were shy, but you liked being in their company. They didn't really ask you questions and would let you help them with small tasks.

You were antsy, needing to do something other than sit around and do nothing while you waited for Azriel to return. Not that you were constantly thinking about him or anything like that...

Ok, maybe you were kinda crushing on him a little bit. Gods, you hated how you had already fallen for him head-over-heels! He was just so kind, mysterious and concealed a sassy side of himself to everyone. But he had shown you. That had to mean something, right?

And he had held your hand when you had been lying in bed, injured and unable to move. He had CRIED! And kissed the top of your hand!

But was it only because he was more of a gentleman and felt bad that you had been hurt under his watch?

Gah! These thoughts were confusing you even more.

"Miss (Y/N), are you alright?" Nuala asked you, materializing into the room.

You snapped out of your thoughts and smiled at her. "Of course, yes. Just thinking to myself, that's all."

Cerridwen appeared next to Nuala, her hands crossed in front of her over her apron. "You know that our High Lord, Rhysand, can mostly likely already know everything that you've been thinking about, right?"

Oh shit. You had forgotten all about Rhysand's ability to read minds!!! You turned bright red from embarrassment and silently began to scold yourself for not remembering this sooner.

"But I doubt that he would enter your mind unless you have him a reason to." Nuala told you, looking at your reaction curiously.

Oh. Well, let's hope that he doesn't do that then,You thought to yourself, even more embarrassed at the way you had reacted.

"Can I help you guys out with anything?" You asked them, desperate to change the subject.

"No." They responded in unison and disappeared into the wall on your left.

You sighed and returned to looking out the window at the gardens. Guess you'd be bored again for the next few hours.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Mor popped her head into the room. "Come outside with me! Elain wants to meet you!"