Tension

Hello everyone! It's been a minute, hasn't it?  😅 I do apologize that I am not consistent in my writing. I really do plan on finishing this story, but I have a lot to do for this story in terms of revision and editing, and life has been getting kinda crazy for me. I thank you all for continuing to read this story and hanging in there with me. I hope you enjoy this chapter <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azriel's arm had wrapped itself protectively around (Y/N)'s body, pulling her toward him. (Y/N) could feel the wrath emanating from him as he glared at the High Lord of Spring. The edges of the room started to fill with shadows.

"Now, now, Shadowsinger. Let's not be too hasty. You'll need my cooperation to investigate the attacks in Spring Court, remember?" Tamlin tutted, shaking his head. Roughly tossing (Y/N)'s arm back at her, he turned toward the door. "Besides, she isn't worth my time anyway. Until next time. Lucien, we're leaving."

Lucien gave a distraught look in the direction of the Night Court, who had assembled themselves around (Y/N) to remind everyone that she was now a part of their circle, and then quickly followed after Tamlin with a sigh. The doors swung shut behind him leaving only the Night Court left in the room.

"Are you alright?" Azriel murmured into (Y/N)'s ear, his arm still around her waist. It was as if she would disappear if he decided to let go.

(Y/N) rubbed her arm from where Tamlin had gripped it tightly. "Yeah, I'm okay. A bit sore, but I'll live. What's his deal anyway?"

Rhysand sighed. "He hasn't been the same since after the war. I'm surprised that he even showed up at all. He's been abandoning his duties since the war ended, wandering around the forests of Spring in his beast form. Something about this issue with Tamisra must have snapped him back into reality... However, I still would like to give him a piece of my mind. How dare he assume you're my mistress or that I had grown tired of my mate."

Rhys magic flared drastically, as if he was about to follow after Tamlin and explode on him. Feyre placed a hand on his chest to calm him and he instantly looked at her. They seemed to have exchanged unsaid words and then smiled at each other. Rhysand's magic returned to normal and he ran a hand through his hair. 

"Alright, here's the plan. We will be visiting the sites where Tamisra vanished entire towns and villages in each of the courts. Everyone agreed that it would be best to get to the bottom of this quickly. We head to Winter Court in a week. Until then, (Y/N) will train to harness her power more and learn more combat moves from Cassian and I." Rhysand stated with passion. 

"Azriel, I need you to do me a favor. Come, let's talk." Rhysand walked toward the door and looked back at him, waiting for Az to follow. The High Lord of the Night Court spared a quick glance back at (Y/N) before heading into the hall with Az.

"Well, I suppose we better be ready to leave once they return. To the rooftop, everyone." Feyre said, smiling warily before turning to the side door where they had entered the room earlier that day. Mor, Cassain, Nesta, and Elain began heading up the stairs. 

"Feyre?" You called out to the High Lady before she ascended the stairs. She froze and turned to face you. "Yes?" She replied, looking somewhat disheveled, as she already knew what you were about to ask.

"What are they discussing?" You asked her genuinely. "I want to be able to help in any way I can."

Feyre sighed. "I know. But try not to think about it too much. There are some things that only Azriel can accomplish."

You were confused. They had promised to tell you everything, and yet here they were, lying straight to your face. What exactly was going on? Before you could pester her anymore, she had fled up the stairs and the doors to the hall swung open.