The dance of Death (pre-plague arcana)

(This isn't an X reader one but I wanted to try some new writing skills I've learned so I hope you like this one about the arcana pre plague!)

It was the night of January 14th and guests from all over the world had gathered to celebrate the count Lucio's birthday with an elegant masquerade ball.

Party goers spoke with each other in soft tones while the orchestra warmed itself up for the grand arrival of the royal couple which everyone knew would be any minute now and even the satrinava's(who were standing in a small huddle besides the two thrones of the royals) seemed to be impatient.

What was taking them so long?

Just then, trumpets blasted out into the room, scaring everyone who wasn't seeming to pay enough attention. Everyone turned to the large wooden doors of the castle staircase and they they were.

Countess Nadia ascended the stairs with an arm linked into her husbands, a long flowing dress of violet was much more grander and colorful then the black uniform and golden caplet the count wore, but no one seemed to care as the room burst into a wild frenzy of music and cheers.

The courtier Volta stammered her way up to the royals, bowed slightly, and then gently led them to the thrones.

The dance of death was about to begin any minute now.

——————————————————
The violins began to play as loud as they could, and immediately people were amazed.

Two hours since the party began, the song people called the dance of death had finally begun. Nadia and Lucio lead the dance from the center of the room, and dancers twirled around them in black skirts of silk like ravens.

No other couple desired to join or disturb the couple, so many observed and cheered slightly when they deemed it was necessary. It was rude to disturb the count when he was with his bride, everyone knew that.

While spectating the dance, young Portia devorak walked up beside her brother, Julian Devorak and she smiled widely. He looked down at her with his brown eyes and laughed once he noticed she was standing on a box to see what was going on.

"What?" She smiled, elbowing him.

Julian laughed, "oh nothing, I'm just thinking." He added.

"About what?" She scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Do you..honestly think Countess Nadia can stand that guy?" He asked her.

She thought for a second and shook her head.

"From all the things I've seen, I'd tire of him within a week." She grins playfully. "Besides, I don't like the color white and red together."

Julian raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"But Portia, you wear red and white just as much as I do!"

Portia's eyes widened as she noticed the slip up.

"...I was talking about the shiny things Ilya! Like the jewels, they're way too sparkly in white and red!"

"Okay okay fine, you answered my question," he smiles as he pats her auburn hair. "so now I'll be quiet and let you watch the dance."

Portia shot him a mean glare, but still..it was laced with a slight playfulness.

"Go to hell Ilya." She smirked.

Julian laughed and turned to look back at the royals who were just finishing their dance. He scowled at count Lucio.

"i think he'll beat me there first." He smirks.

The end.

(Sorry for the long MIA you guys! I've had terrible writers block when it comes to the arcana but I finally have some new ideas for some stories so stay tuned! Thank you all so much for enjoying my stories as well, they really mean a lot to me and I'm so happy to share them with you all as well!)

-Swrislife