A story I once knew (portia x reader short story)

One day I come to the Vesuvian market to look for my lover portia who had disappeared on a run out to get pumpkin bread from Selasi. However when I finally find her..she's reading a book to children gathered on the floor.

"And with that, the mighty devil turned to stone and left me and my friends greatly victorious!" She reads out in a dramatic way. The children cheer and she turns the page with a triumphant laugh.

"Then once me and my allies..oh wait allies might be a big word for you lil ones." She winks, "my friends went home and celebrated for days!" She says.

When she shows the page to the children, I notice she has drawn an illustration of all my friends. Her and Julian, Nadia, muriel, and Asra. She even drew Lucio in as a cranky goat ghost.

"The end!" She beams.

The children rise from their spots from the floor and applaud happily, running back to their parents to tell  the great story again.

Portia looks to me with an excited sparkle in her eyes, runs over, and squeezes me into a big bear hug.

"Y/n! There you are! I'm so happy to see you!"

"Hello Portia! Did you make that book yourself?"

"Mhm! It took a moment for me to figure out how to add a cover to it but it details how we got to where we are now! The children have loved it recently."

I look at the giddy children walking back into the main parts of the market with their parents in tow. "It definitely seems they did..though I must be honest, I do miss having the others around. Everyone's kind of gone their own ways after the devil was defeated."

"Well don't worry Y/N! You've still got me around!"

I poke her cheek, "Of course I do! You're my wife silly."

"And I will always be." She winks.

__________
Later that night when Portia is asleep in our room, I sneak over to the desk in the room and fish around until I find the book she wrote and illustrated.

Then I find a blank page she had managed to save and begin to work on it. By the time it's finished I've colored an artwork of Portia lifting me up into a big bear hug with hearts all round us.

On the page I also wrote "love you forever and ever! <3 Mc"

And maybe from there..the rest of the empty pages can be used to tell our story.