Family bonds (Julian and Portia Friendship)

It was one of those nights where the devorak's were alone to entertain themselves. Mazelinka had gone out with some of her pirate friends so thus, Julian and Portia were alone. Crossing her arms, Portia plopped down in a chair.

"Ilya! I'm bored to tears! Do you have anything we could use to entertain ourselves?" She pouted. "Like any games or anything?"

Julian looked up at her from where he was lying on the bed, stretched out like a cat. Mazelinka had already forced him to drink her signature soup again so Portia knew she didn't have long before he would be asleep, and she wanted to Make the best of the time they had.

Just then, she thought of something. Running over to the drawer she fished around until she finally found a single old tambourine, mazelinka must've used it once. "Ah ha! I knew there would be something useful in here!" She giggled, waving it around happily.

Her brother arched a sleepy brow at her. "what exactly do you want me to do with that thing?" He says.

She tosses it to him but he nearly stumbles with it and drops it onto the floor, however, he does manage to catch it.

"Why what you're meant to do with it of course!" She exclaimed. "Tap it and make some music for me to dance too!" She beams.

He rolls his eyes playfully and in result of his sisters request, he begins to play the tambourine, trying the best he could. It didn't sound as amazing as he thought it would at first, but when he noticed his sister dancing around happily without a care in the world, he knew it was worth every effort he could give.

After almost 20 minutes of dancing around, Portia noticed the taps from the tambourine stopping and looks over to see her brother, asleep holding the instrument in his hands.

She shakes her head and gently pries it from him, placing it on the counter. She throws a blanket over him gently and kisses his forehead. "thanks for the fun Ilya." She whispers kindly. Finally, she blows out the candle lighting the room and ties loose the curtains, then she hops into her bed mazelinka made for her and falls asleep.