Warmth of Fire (Muriel X reader)

Both you and Muriel had worked a long day outside and while the sun was finally seeming to lower into the mountains did the long days work finally end.
Muriel looked at you from where you leaned against a shovel.

"....do you want to get some water..?" He asked softly with a smile. "I can get some for you.."

You laughed softly and put the shovel away into the dirt. "You can get some too you know." You reassure while also wiping away sweat. Muriel looks away nervously but you gently come over and take his hands.

They're giant compared to yours.

"Let's go inside and cuddle up a bit." You smile. Not only did he seem to agree with the idea but also after a long day it sounded like heaven.

Going inside Inanna immediately perks up, howls happily, and dances around both your and Muriel's legs.

Muriel pets her head slightly so it only felt right that you would as well. "Hey Inanna."

When you look back over you can see Muriel lighting the fire so you plop down onto the warm fur blankets waiting for him to join you. Nevertheless when he noticed you were sitting in the fur pile he very slowly and quietly sat down beside you, Inanna curling up beside you.

"..you worked well today." He chuckles happily. "The chickens liked your company.."

You tipped your head back and laughed.

"Those chickens are adorable Muriel, can I name one sometime?"

"What would you name one..?"

"Why (your favorite name) of course!"

"(Your favorite name)?"

You nodded in agreement with him, a wild grin on your face. "I think it'd be good!"

With the fireplace cracklings around you lighting the room into a dimmer atmosphere you could've sworn Muriel fully smiled. It's been a while since you've seen him do that. Cuddling closer to him you kiss his cheek softly, causing him to blush as red as a tomato.

"What..what was that for?"

You beamed, "Oh just because you're cute."

Inanna even perked up from her nap at that. If you could read a dogs thoughts through their eyes she'd definitely be saying, "That's it y/n!"

Above all, as you and Muriel held each other you felt very safe and knew that no one would get in your ways.

Not without going through him first.

(Thank you all for 1k!!! It surprised me that you all love these stories so much and so I'll definitely be making more in this oneshot book! Have a lovely day/night everyone!)