Forgiveness(Lucio X Reader)

(Slight spoilers for lucio's route)

For as long as you could remember, Lucio and Morga never seemed to get along with each other due to their crumbling past moments they experienced as a family together. But today, you wanted to change things and make peace between them.

As you approached a makeshift hut in the forest, Lucio looks over at you from where he stands beside you.

"Do we really have to do this Y/n?" He asks softly, gulping nervously. For a brief moment, you can also see his hand shaking.

Squeezing slightly, you look back at him with an encouraging smile. "Lucio, you said you wanted to make a future together, so first step would be receiving Morga's blessing of marriage. Don't worry, I'll be with you the whole time."

After a moment of hesitating, he nods in agreement.
"Alright, let's do this." He agrees, smiling bravely.

Both of you approach the door to the house and you knock once, silently praying she'll answer.

A minute passes...
Three minutes...
Five..

The doorknob finally seems to turn and finally, Morga stands there with a hand resting on the hilt of her spear. Her eyes are narrow, watching both of you carefully.

"Well, isn't this a surprise." She scoffs. "Why are you both here?"

You smile kindly and gently let go of Lucio's hand. "We have..a lot to talk about.." you chuckle. "May we come in?"

Morga hesitantly looks over your shoulder and when she notices no one is coming with you, she nods.

"Fine, you get twenty minutes."

_________________________

Once you explain everything to Morga, her expression changes from anger to curiosity.

"Why should I forgive you Montag? After all you've done." She asks Lucio, who's sitting beside you in a chair with his legs crossed.

"I'm sorry Mama..I just, I want to start over, put all this behind us. What I did in my past was wrong..and hateful. I would've never done what I did now.."

Then you add on to his plea. "Please Morga..Lucio has changed his ways since then..and he's proven it, not only to me, but to everyone else as well."

Morga crosses her arms and stares between the both of you, thinking. Jaeger has also perched on her shoulders, claws bare and ready to chase you out.

You look away towards Lucio for a moment, smiling confidently but when your eyes return to Morga, you see small tears welling in her eyes.

"..I've been wanting to hear those words for years." She grins, wiping the tears away. "I always wanted you to be better..and, if now you can truly prove it, I..I'm willing to give you once last chance."

Lucio stands from his chair and pumps a fist in the air. "Woohoo!!" He shouts. You then clear your throat at him, and he calms down. "Thank you.." he beams, straightening up.

"Yes, truly, thank you."

Morga nods at the both of you. "And..I'll even allow you two to get married. You treat each other with the same love I gave my dear Lutz when he was alive."  She says softly.

And so, Morga pulls Lucio into a hug, and you nod respectfully.

Everything had gone just as you wanted, and all was well at last.