Seeking Adventure (Julian X Reader)

Following a quiet night at the shop you made your way to the docks of Vesuvia where you knew Julian was there waiting for you, he had told you last night on the way home from the Raven that he had a surprise for you. When you arrive there on the shores your eyes widen at the sight of a huge Stoop ship with its giant white sails already up. Along with the breeze being perfect for sailing, the weather was clear and sunny. No wonder Julian had planned it for today!

Just when you were about to make your way up the loading ramp Julian calls your name from the foremast. "Y/N! Up here!"

As a result of the cry you giggle slightly and wave up to him excitedly. Julian bravely grabs an extended part of a long rope, swings down from it dangerously, and lands right in front of you. He kisses your palm with a dramatic bow and looking at him you notice the big pirate hat he was wearing along with his usual white tunic and grey pants.

"Julian when you said you were going to surprise me this is certainly not what I expected!" You exclaim as he stands from his bowed position.

"Isn't it amazing?" He asks with a grin. "Welcome aboard the Burning Sea, Mazelinka let me borrow it for our little occasion!"

"You're not running this whole thing by yourself are you?"

Julian shakes his head with a laugh. "Of course not! You think I could manage this whole thing by myself? I've got the whole crew helping out!"

You look around the ship and immediately notice the twins Cita and Elka sitting at the crows nest and when Elka notices you she waves down excitedly.

"Ahoy down there!" She calls happily.

You wave back with a smile and see Ketos come up from your right side, arms crossed. "Are we heading out soon Julian?" He asks curiously.

Julian turns his attention towards you. "shall we?"

You nod excitedly as the crew sets up and soon you take off into the sea.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once the ship is slightly far out from Vesuvian shores, it comes to a stop. Julian sets out beach towels for you and him and sets out smoothies as well.

He had obviously came prepared for this.

"Hopefully the sun won't be too bad out here y/n!" He says as he lies down across his towel. "I'd hate for you to burn up!" He says softly.

"Speak for yourself, last time we were at the beach you burned up." You giggle.

"That was only because my sunscreen was terrible, this time I came prepared." He says.

Relaxing in the sun for a while you also notice Elka and Cita playing music and just fooling around, you notice someone was missing.

"Why didn't you bring your Sister Julian? I'm sure she'd love being out here!"

Julian looks up at you from where he was napping.

"Hm..? Oh right! I asked her but she said she and Nadia already had plans to do something, so I let her do that instead. I'm sure she'd like to be here though." He nods in agreement.

"I'm just happy we have some quiet time." You reply.

"Haha yes! I do too. An open sea, friends surrounding you, no goatman telling you what you can and cannot do. It's amazing!" He laughs, leaning back.

You gently take a sip of your smoothie. It's sweet and tastes like those of strawberries with a slight mixture of exotic fruits as well.

"Julian! Y/n! Wanna go swimming?" Elka calls. "Me and Cita are gonna jump in!" She giggles. And before you can even reply back, she jumps off the plank and a loud splash is heard. Cita jumps in right after her.

"I don't see why not." Julian laughs. "Want to go swimming y/n?"

You hesitate for a moment but nod. Asra really hadn't taught you how to swim great, but with Julian's assistance you were sure you could of at least tried. Julian takes your hand, throws his hat off back at the towels, and takes off his eyepatch.

"Okay ready? 3-2-1 JUMP!" He laughs as you both jump into the water together. It was freezing for a moment but when Julian takes your hands it seems to warm up a bit.

You are practically doggy paddling and your cheeks turn red from embarrassment when Julian helps you swim around. However he has a wild grin on his face.

"What?" You question, brows raised.

He smiles softly. "oh nothing, i just love the way you're swimming around. It's kinda cute." He replies.

Softening your expression you laugh. "sure, sure."

And as you enjoy the rest of your day with Julian, you're reminded of just how much adventure is out there.

(I'm so sorry for the hiatus from this story everyone! I had completely run out of ideas recently but thankfully I got some more inspiration and more parts will be coming soon! I'd hate to leave such a fun book to write behind! Thank you for all the amazing support on my stories and I hope you all have a great day! <3)