➴ 2 ➴

I grabbed my last suitcase and threw it into the trunk of the car. I pulled the trunk down and looked over at Nora.

I smiled at her. "I love you, you're in charge for now. When I get back you'll lose the fun" I placed my hands on her shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

"I get it thank you for the reassurance" she shrugged my hands off her shoulders and smiled at me. She gave me a quick hug before she went back inside.

"Be careful" I heard my father's voice in the back. I turned around just as I was about to get into the car.

'I will, I always am" I gave him a slight smile and he nodded his head. I looked over at my mother and she walked over to me. She unlinked her arm from my fathers and had her arms wide open. She squeezed me into a tight hug.

"Mother I- I can't breathe" I huffed as she let go.

"Be safe and if you need backup all you gotta do is call-" I cut her off. "I've done this way too many times I think I'll be fine" she was more stressed than I was. She kissed my cheek and I got in the car. I never had issues with my family. Some families who are in the mafia, they tend to have issues or even worse hatred towards their own blood. My father was happy, he was rich, he had power but most of all he had my mother. She was the main source of his happiness and I never imagined what it would be like if anything happened to her. Nora and I have been independent for as long as I remember. Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like if I was born into another family. I often think about how life would be like and how I would be like.

I got snapped out of my thoughts as the door opened. A bodyguard nodded and smiled at me as he gestured me to get out of the car. I looked at the jet while two men walked towards the car to put my luggage aboard.

"How long is the flight?" I questioned as I walked up the stairs of the jet.

"7 - 8 hours ma'am" a man kindly answered me and I nodded. I was inside the jet and I wasn't looking forward to the 8 hour flight.

It low-key felt like forever when I got off the jet. My eyes felt weird and my headache felt like shit. I stepped out of the jet and extended my arms wide. I stretched and groaned.

"Ma'am are you going straight to the hotel?" I looked over to him and wasn't in the mood.

"Yeah I think I should" I walked down the stairs and sat inside a black matte car. The driver didn't ask questions and didn't want to even talk to me. I saw as he wiggled his tie open. He was nervous.

It felt like a few hours but it only took us half an hour to get to the hotel. I watched as the driver pulled out my bags. I looked around and saw a club down the street. Something I needed right now.

"Take my bags to my room and then leave. I'll call you in the morning when I need you" I wasn't paying attention to the driver but from the corner of my eye I saw him nodding his head. I put my hands in my pockets and walked down the street.

There was a long line of people waiting to go inside. I wasn't waiting, i'm not patient. I walked up to a random guy and linked my arm to his.

"Whoa can I help you?" he asked, arching his eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm not in the mood to stand in the line so pretend you're my boyfriend for like two seconds" I forced a smile and he smiled back. While they checked our ID's the guy decided that putting his hand on my waist was a good idea. I pressed my teeth together as I pinched his arm.

The guard at the door nodded his head and let us. I pushed his arm away and gave him a disgusted look.

"Don't touch me especially not in that way" I made sure he understood. He nodded his head. I could tell he was scared. I parted ways with him. Thanks for the short cut I said in my head. I looked around and all I could see were drunk people dancing to the ridiculously loud music. I walked to the bar and told them to get me a wine. I always start off with wine. The bartender nodded his head before he left to get my drink. I looked at the dance floor with all the girls on it. They all look drunk and helpless. I was interrupted by the bartender bringing my drink. I took the glass and held it in my hand.