➴ 19 ➴

Davina's pov

Leo and I have been on good terms. He's been planning things and so have I. The ball is in a week. He wanted to kill his father on that exact event. I told him not to. It wasn't a smart move.

We were all at my basement. Of course my father didn't know we even had one.

"Kade pass me the pen" I demanded.

Leo shoved him and got the pen. He handed it to me.

I scoffed. "Wow thank you Kade." I rolled my eyes at Leo.

He's been bullying Kade for two days. He's been telling him to go back to California and how he isn't needed here.

"Dude chill out" Kade shoved Leo.

"I am chill. Like super chill" Leo mocked him. Kade got mad. He threw his papers down and walked straight out the door.

"Seriously Leo?" I sighed.

"Oooooo someone's got anger issues" Leo laughed. Lilah laughed too. They both high fived.

"Wow real mature. Both of you" I put the pen down and ran after Kade.

He was sitting down on the steps.

"Hey you" I smiled at him. He didn't respond. I sat down next to him.

"Don't get mad, Leo just likes to get on people's nerves" I playfully shoved his shoulder. He looked at me with a sad expression.

"How come you've given him so many chances" he asked.

"Cause believe it or not he's always been there for me" I smiled.

His jaw clenched.

"So have I" He turned his body towards me. "But you'd still chose Leo over me in a heart beat."

My smile dropped. "I'm not choosing sides. You're my best friend Kade. Leo is" I paused. I didn't know what he was.

"What is Leo to you?" he asked.

I was silent.

"Exactly" he sighed.

He put his head in his hands and I just looked at him. I didn't know what the fuck to do. I was never good at comforting anyone.

"You'll always be my best friend you know that" I moved his head away from his hands.

A smile appeared on his face. I leaned in to hug him.

He had other plans. He kissed me. I froze. I didn't kiss back. I slowly moved away.

"I'm sorry" Kade stood up. "That was stupid."

Shit. I know it was stupid but I don't want to admit it.

"No it's fine I was just shocked that's all" I awkwardly smiled.

He smiled. "Oh okay."

"Come on let's go back. They need our help" I stood up. He followed me.

What the actual fuck.

When we got in the room I wiped my lips. Leo narrowed his eyes on me. He looked at Kade. Of course Kade had a smirk on his face. He licked his lips.