➴ 24 ➴

I looked at him in shock. "Seth?" My voice was shaky.

He chuckled so humourlessly walking away from his desk and towards me.

"The one and only" He threw his out to the side welcoming me to whatever this place was.

"But, I thought you were dead?" I was so confused. My thoughts were running around my mind so rapidly.

"Yeah well that was the point. I appreciate your father looking for me but I didn't want to be found. I wanted his position and power. Reason to why I left and reason to why I brought you here" He smirked.

"You kidnapped me?" I cut him off. "You didn't bring me here for a happy reunion did you? You want to take over my father's mafia by using me" I chuckled.

He nodded proudly. "Affirmative. You've always been a smart girl. Now I need that on my team to take your father down."

There was a silence. He was waiting for my response. I was thinking. I could join him and take my father down. Either way I was going to do it with or without Seth's help. I looked at the floor lost in my own thoughts. If I agree with Seth then I won't be able to take over the mafia, it'll go to Seth. I didn't want that.

A chuckle left my mouth. Seth now had a confused expression.

"You have no idea what kind of power I hold" I laughed.

He brought his hand up shaking his index finger from side to side. "Don't refuse this offer."

I smirked to myself. "Try me."

I saw as Seth's jaw clenched. He was mad now. Good.

"Take her away. Teach her the power we hold" Seth looked at his son. His son nodded his head and then grabbed my arm twisting it to my back.

"Jeez fella calm down I can walk" I had a plan mapped out in my head. I just needed it to work.

He brought his lips to my ear. "Just walk will you? I have a plan" His whisper sent goosebumps down my spine. He let my arm go and I walked out. He guided me through the hall and into a room. I walked inside and turned my body to face him. He locked the door and looked at me.

"Listen I know we're two different people from two different places but I need you to hear me out" He walked closer to me. I backed away. "I'm not going to hurt you."

I looked at him with suspicion. "What's your name?" I looked at him dead in the eyes.

He sighed. "My name's Aaron."

"I've heard that name before" I tried to focus on where I've heard his name before.

"We used to play together when we were kids. Until my father took me away" He reminded me.

Then it hit me. I chuckled and then looked at him.

"The same Aaron who pushed me in the pool when I didn't know how to swim?" I arched my brow chuckling a little.

He laughed but very softly. "Yeah that Aaron."

I sat down on the bed that was in that room. "I always wondered where you went. When I asked my father he said you went away to a boarding school."

"Boarding school?" His brow arched. "No I was brought into a training compound ever since. My own father beat me everyday until I was just as good as him."

"I'm so sorry" I stood up walking towards him.

"Don't" He brought his hand up. "Don't need to feel bad for me. I hate people who do that."