➴ 12 ➴

I felt the sun hit my eyes and slowly opened them. I felt warm. My head was on Leo's chest. I smiled as I lay there. I wanted this moment to last for a little longer. Leo moved a little, still asleep he pulled my body closer to his. I lift my left arm and moved his hair out of his face. He slowly opened his eyes and looked down at me. 

"Hey you" he smiled. 

"Morning" I smiled back. 

"How you feeling?" he asked as I slowly sat up on the bed. I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around my chest. 

"I feel great actually." 

I felt his arms go around my waist as he pulled me back into bed. 

"Whoop" I quickly reacted. I pressed myself into the mattress as he rolled over to his stomach. He gave me quick kisses on my cheek and going down to my neck. I laughed as it tickled me. He reached to my stomach and paused. He ran his hand over a scar. 

"How'd you get this?" he asked. He kept tracing over it. 

"That was when I got stabbed actually" I looked down at him. I placed my hand in his hair. 

"Who did this" he arched his brows in frustration. 

I sat up and was face to face with him. I tilted my head and put my hands on the sides of his face. 

"It's okay it was during a fight" I smiled. 

"I don't want you getting hurt" I knew he didn't want that. 

"I know" I smiled. "But it's part of what I do Leo. Kind of born into this life so gotta make the best out of it" 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down into the mattress. We were both naked from last night. I let go of his neck and he looked at me. 

"Let me take you on a date" he looked into my eyes. 

"What?" I chuckled. 

"Yes I'll do that. I'll set something up and you just need to be there" he moved my tangled hair from my face and placed a kiss on my nose then forehead. 

"Hey! Who said I wanted to go on a date?"

"Me I did. Whatever I say goes" he smiled. 

"Wait but I've never been on a date" I arched my brow. 

He ran his thumb over my cheek. He looked into my eyes. "Neither have I."

I felt his lips touch mine. He kissed me slowly and gently. I kissed back and he pulled away.

"Why do you have so many tattoos" I asked. "Tell me what they mean" 

"Well" he looked at his bare chest. "Most of them don't have much meaning behind it, the ones that do have something behind it is hidden." He showed me behind his ear. "See this, it's a devil's pitchfork and angel wings around it. I got it when I met you" he smiled.

"So you're the devil and I'm the angel?" I laughed a little. 

"Affirmative" he looked into my eyes. 

"Leo" I whispered. 

"Mhm" he answered. 

"Why do you always have your guard up" I asked. He looked down. 

"Well I was taught to be cruel and fucked up growing up. My father may seem like the best father you could ask for but he's just as fucked up as I am" he looked some what hurt. "People get to chose the path of their lives, what they wanna be, who they wanna be and what they wanna do but for me it's all decided by my father. He abused me as a child, I would ask why and his answer was always the same. Because you deserve it. I grew up thinking I never deserved anything that was given to me. I always doubted myself and that is why I have my guard up. As soon as people get too close I tend to leave" that broke me.