➴ 14 ➴

"I'm sorry but Leo couldn't make it" she said. "He's dead the knife was too deep and he lost too much blood."

My heart hurt. I fell to my knees and held myself. No he couldn't have died. I screamed but nothing would come out. Leo is dead. It's all my fault.

"No he can't die you're lying" my voice was a whisper. I wanted my voice to come out as a scream but it didn't. It was just a slow whisper. Leo can't die he just can't.

I felt someone shake me and my eyes opened.

"Hey it's okay it's just a dream" Lilah spoke. I looked around the room and came back into reality. I just dreamt Leo dying. My heart was racing.

I was sitting down with my elbows on my knees. I was so fucking frustrated. Part of me wanted to stab Leo's father for what he did but part of me knew that if Leo stabbed his own father it would give him some sort of peace.

Lilah was with me the whole time, she drove Leo to the hospital. Leo lost a fuck tonne of blood. I was waiting for the doctor to say anything, something to get my mind off Leo. All I thought about was Leo dying. All these thoughts in my head were making me sick to my stomach. I felt a hand on my shoulder and flinched. I looked up to Lilah with a slight smile.

"Go home Dav, I'll stay here if you like. The doctors haven't said a single word. You need rest" she held her hand out. I looked at her hand then back at her.

I shook my head in frustration. "No I can't leave him I don't even know what the hell happened to him."

"He'll be alright" she reassured. No he won't. I sighed and straighten my posture in my seat.

"We don't know that" I wanted to cry. Some how I felt responsible for him getting stabbed. I knew he was unsuccessful in killing his father. Something definitely happened. I was practically eating my brain up with so many thoughts and what ifs. Lilah kissed my forehead and kneeled down. She placed her elbow on one of her knees and looked at me.

"Have hope. I mean it's Leo right? He's probably one of the strongest people you know. He'll pull through."

"Lilah go home and rest. I want to be here when he wakes up. I don't want him feeling alone." I held her arm and stood her up. I hugged her for a good thirty seconds. I pulled away and she smiled.

"Just take care of yourself too. Don't just make sure Leo's, alright make sure you're alright too" she smiled. She placed her hands in her pockets and started walking away. I sat back down. If the doctor doesn't get out and tell me something that will ease my mind I will stab the doctor myself. With a personal note stuck to the knife.

••••

After a while I felt someone shake me gently. I opened my eyes and see the doctor. I quickly stood up.

"I'm up" I shouted. Then I collapsed back down. Too tired. I saw Lilah next to me sleeping. I smiled she must've turned around and come back.

"You're here for Leo right?" he asked while looking through the papers. I snatched the papers off him and started looking through them.

"Ma'am those aren't for you" he grabbed the papers back. I looked at him. "Leo is fine. He got 37 stitches. He is strong and he did pull through. He's been awake for a while now. We had to question him. He asked for a Davina DeClair."