When He Messages You at School

(Okay, I know I said I only update on Fridays, but I couldn’t resist posting an update in honor of February 15, Fandomapocalypse Day! If you don’t know what Fandomapocalypse Day is, you write the word “Fandomapocalypse” on your left arm in green ink if you belong to any fandom, and if you see someone else with “Fandomapocalypse” on their arm, give them a hug, no matter what fandom they’re from. After all, all fandoms should be united for one day out of the year. (And if nothing else, you all get a free early update out of it, right?)

Happy Fandomapocalypse Day, guys!

And one more thing: I completely forgot to mention this earlier, but (sadly) I don’t own Ninjago. Just had to get that out of the way.)

You and Chocolate_Cake chat every day now. You both like cooking, and you share a secret love of musicals. You got the Perfect Match app on your phone without telling your parents so you could chat with Chocolate_Cake at school.

You’re sitting in Spanish class, listening to your teacher go over the correct conjugation of a new verb, and you’re bored. You really don’t care about Spanish—you’re only taking it because your best friend is in it and you have to take a foreign language class to graduate from high school.

You make sure nobody’s looking, pull your phone out, and message Chocolate_Cake.

Y/u: Sup?

Chocolate_Cake: I’m in a bad mood. My friend ate my cake.

Y/u: Well, you know what I do when I’m in a bad mood, right?

Chocolate_Cake: I give up. I’m not good at guessing stuff.

Y/u: I think of My Favorite Things.

Chocolate_Cake: Oh, yeah. Raindrops on roses.

Y/u: And whiskers on kittens!

Chocolate_Cake: Actually, I’m allergic to cats.

Y/u: Will you please just go along with the song?

Chocolate_Cake: Fine. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.

Y/u: Enthusiasm, dude! Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings!

Chocolate_Cake: These are a few of my favorite things: singing and dancing and cooking up dinner.

Y/u: That’s how you want to play this, huh? 

Chocolate_Cake: Just go along with it.

Y/u: Fine. Musicals, pastries, and being a winner!

Chocolate_Cake: Chatting online about all kinds of things.

Y/u: These are a few of my favorite things!

Suddenly, someone pulls your phone from your hand. You try to grab it back, but your teacher holds her finger up to stop you. “You know the rules, Miss (last name).”

Your Spanish teacher has a no cell-phone policy. If she catches you with your cell phone out, she takes it from you and reads whatever’s on the screen out loud. Most kids learned pretty quickly that having your teacher spill your secrets in front of the whole class is a recipe for social disaster.

The rest of the class snickers as your teacher starts reading out your conversation with Chocolate_Cake. You sigh and put your head on your desk. 

(In case any of you are wondering, they're talking about the song 'My Favorite Things' from The Sound Of Music. If you look it up and listen this makes a bit more sense.)