You Meet His Friends

You’re sitting in your bedroom, with nothing to do, when your cell phone rings. You roll over, grab your phone, and see that the call is from Cole.

You hit TALK and say, “Hey”

“Hi,” Cole says through the phone. “Are you interested in meeting my friends?”

“Are you kidding? I’d love to meet them!”

“Okay…” Cole sounds a little sheepish. “It’s my turn to cook dinner tonight, but decided I’d order a pizza instead. Do you do delivery?”

You laugh. “Sure, what kind of pizza?”

“I don’t care. Everything you make tastes good. Surprise me!”

“Okay,” you say, rolling off of your bed. “I’m on it!”

Cole gives you directions to the monastery where he lives with his friends, and you whip up two (favorite topping) pizzas. Then you hop on the hand-me down motorcycle you bought from Ed and Edna’s Scrap ‘n Junk. It’s not long before you reach the monastery.

You ring the doorbell, and soon Cole opens the door. 

“Pizza delivery!” you say with a grin.

Cole laughs. “Come on in.”

“Did someone say pizza?!” Lloyd Garmadon sprints into the room and almost crashes into you. “I love pizza—whoops! Sorry!”

Kai Smith walks in behind Lloyd. “Why do I smell something good? What did you do, Cole?” he asks suspiciously. 

 Jay Walker and Kai’s sister, Nya, come in from another room. “Who’s the lady with the pizza?” Jay asks. “And why does it smell good?” 

“That is what I would like to know,” Zane, the white ninja, says, walking in behind Kai.

“Oh, come on!” Cole complains. “Is it really that hard for you guys to believe that I can cook something good?”

“Yes,” everyone answers.

“Wow,” Cole mutters. “Thanks for the moral support.”

“Is there some kind of joke here that I don’t know about?” you ask. “Because I don’t get it.”

An old man with a white beard walks up behind Cole and whacks him on the head with a bamboo staff. “Cole is not very skilled in the art of cooking.”

“Ow!” Cole rubs his head. You can’t help but giggle.

“Hello,” the old man says to you. “I am the ninjas’ teacher, Sensei Wu.”

“Nice to meet you, Sensei Wu,” you say. “I’m y/n. And um…can I put this pizza down somewhere? My arms are getting tired.”

“Ah…right,” Cole says.  “Guys, this is my friend, y/n. She offered to make everyone pizza.”

There’s a round of hellos and introductions, and then Cole shows you to the dining room. You walk in with your pizzas and stop short. There’s another girl sitting at the table. She has bleached-blond hair and green eyes, and she’s glaring at you.

“Um…hi,” you say to her. “I’m a friend of Cole’s, and he asked me to make pizza, and…” you trail off as you realize that she’s not listening to you.

Cole finally walks into the room and registers the awkwardness. “Um… (Cole’s girlfriend’s name), this is my friend y/n. Y/n, this is my girlfriend, C/g/n.”

“Hello,” C/g/n says, still glaring at you. You can tell she doesn’t like you. To be honest, you really don’t like her, either.

Everyone else troops in and sits down around the table. You end up between Nya and Sensei Wu. Cole sits next to C/g/n, who makes a point of cuddling up to him and putting her arm around his shoulders. You glare at the table and try to remember that you and Cole are just friends.

Pretty soon, the first pizza has disappeared, and the second one is almost half gone. 

“This is amazing, y/n!” Kai says. “You could probably give Zane a run for his money.”

“I believe she could,” Zane says thoughtfully. “We must ask the others to compare our cooking skill sometime.”

“Challenge accepted,” you say with a grin. You know you’re a good cook, but it means a lot more coming from the famous ninja.

“Can you cook on all of Cole’s turns?” Jay asks. “No offense, Cole, but your cooking stinks.”

Cole sighs.  “Guys, leave y/n alone. She can’t cook for you hooligans all the time.”

“But her cooking is so awesome!” Lloyd protests. “And your cooking can burn holes in the carpet!

“That was one time!” Cole protests.

You laugh. You’re loving Cole’s friends more every minute.