He Meets Your Friend

You and (best friend’s name) are in her living room. B/f/n lives with her older brother, but you can usually convince him to stay out of the house while you’re visiting by bribing him with your cooking. In this case, he’s agreed to leave you two alone in exchange for cake.

You’re bored, so you text Cole and ask him if he wants to meet b/f/n. He texts back a ‘yes,’ so you give him her address.

A few minutes later, Cole knocks on the door. B/f/n opens it and immediately starts jumping up and down and squealing uncontrollably. Cole edges past her and says hi to you.

You look at b/f/n, who’s still standing by the door. “B/f/n…fangirling…embarrassing?” you say.

“Oh, right.” B/f/n gets herself under control and closes the door. “Wouldn’t want to embarrass y/n in front of her boyfriend.” She flashes a winning smile at Cole and winks at him.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” you protest.

“Actually, I have a girlfriend,” Cole says, blushing.

B/f/n gives him a puppy-faced look. “Oh. That stinks.”

“B/f/n,” you say warningly.

“What?”

“Knock it off.” You turn to Cole. “Sorry. B/f/n’s addicted to matchmaking. She loves trying to get people to go out and fall in love with each other.”

“But you love me anyway,” b/f/n says cheerfully.

“Heaven knows why, but yes, I do,” you tell her.

Cole sniffs the air. “Did you cook?” he asks hopefully.

“There are two cakes in the kitchen,” you laugh.

Cole walks into the kitchen to get a slice of cake. The second he’s out of the room, you glare at b/f/n.

“You have a boyfriend,” you whisper angrily.

B/f/n grins at you. “You’re jealous.”

You can feel yourself blushing. “Am not!”

“Y/n and Cole, sitting in a tree,” b/f/n chants. You jump out of your chair and try to catch her, but she runs away, still chanting, “K-I-S-S-I-N—whoops!”

B/f/n skids to a stop as she almost crashes into Cole, who’s standing in the doorway with a plate of cake in his hand. He’s clearly heard b/f/n’s teasing.

“I…uh…” you stammer. “It’s not like you think…”

Cole’s face goes red and he slowly backs into the kitchen.

B/f/n grins at you. “Told ya!”

You slump down on the couch and throw a pillow at her. “Shut up.”