Reunion

You're savoring your victory and keeping an eye on the fake ninja when you hear footsteps from behind you. At first you think it's e/n and L/g/n, so you turn around and raise your frying pan. Then you relax when you see that the real ninja have finally arrived. They look surprised, which annoys you a little bit. Don't they know by now that you can take care of yourself?

Cole shoves his way between Lloyd and Kai to get to the front of the group. "Y/n?"

"Um, yeah, that is my name," you say, not sure where this is going. Cole takes a hesitant step forward, as if he can't believe what he's seeing. Then, all at once, he sprints forward and hugs you.

"You're alive!" he whispers happily.

"Obviously," you reply through a mouthful of his shirt. Your face is being squashed into Cole's chest by the force of the hug.

Cole lets go and stares at you for a second, then hugs you again, more gently this time. "I thought you were dead."

You shrug. "Well, I'm not. Surprise."

Cole pulls you close again. You're surprised to see tears streaming down his cheeks. Then he's kissing you, and you forget about everything else for the moment.

"Get a room!" Kai yells jokingly. You point the frying pan in his direction without breaking the kiss and hear a nervous yelp, followed by laughter.

"So, what's all this 'I thought you were dead' business?" you ask when you and Cole finally pull apart.

Cole waves a hand. "I'll tell you later. Right now, I'm just glad that you're safe."

"Speaking of safe, where's L/g/n?" Lloyd asks nervously.

"Over here," L/g/n calls from behind him. She steps out of the shadows and waves.

"L/g/n!" Lloyd sprints toward her, with Kai, Zane, Jay, and Nya trailing behind.

Cole grins at you. "What do you say we give them their moment? I want to hear all about what happened. And did you really beat all five of those guys with a frying pan?" He gestures to the fake ninja, who are still lying on the ground.

You poke him with the handle. "Of course I did. Don't doubt me like that. After all, I had a good luck charm."

"What good luck charm?"

"Your horribly burned eggs are still all over it."

Cole sighs. "I guess I did walk into that one. But seriously, you beat up five armed and dangerous ninja with a frying pan. Do you think you could teach me to use that thing?"

You smile and lean your head against Cole's shoulder as you walk. "We'll see."