Stuck In The Rain

"This stinks. All that planning for nothing."

You look over at Cole's scowling face and laugh. "Cheer up, Cole. That would have been incredible if it hadn't started raining."

"The cake was ruined!" Cole moans. You just laugh again.

Cole tried to set up a surprise picnic for your anniversary, complete with a cake that he made (with lots and lots of help from Zane). Unfortunately, it started pouring just before he unveiled the surprise, which brought the date to a screeching halt and sent both of you running for your motorbike.

Your phone buzzes and you pull it out of your pocket, making sure to shield it with your hand.

"Oh, hey, r/g/n sent me a text."

"That's nice," Cole says, rolling his eyes.

You read the text, then frown. "Cole, I think you'd better see this."

Lloyd, Sensei and I are out of the monastery right now, but Kai turned Zane's funny switch on and now Zane's causing trouble. Just warning you.

You and Cole share a look. "What kind of trouble?" you ask.

Cole shrugs helplessly. "I don't know, but it can't be good."

You run up to the monastery and try the doorknob. "Oh, great. I know what kind."

"What?" Cole asks.

"We're locked out."

You look at Cole helplessly and hear someone laughing through an open window.

"Kai!" you yell. "Open the door!"

"No!" Kai yells back. A few more people start laughing.

Cole folds his arms and glares in the direction of the window. "Oh, come on, Kai! It's pouring out here! Let us in."

Kai laughs again. "Nope! You two can just stay out there until Sensei gets back."

You and Cole look at each other. "Dibs!" you say. Cole sighs.

"Dibs on what?" Kai asks.

You glare back up at the window. "Dibs on killing you when we finally get inside."

"Me? Why me?"

"Because you're the one who turned Zane's funny switch on!" Cole yells.

"Aaah!" Kai yells. "How did they know it was me?" A moment later, the window slams shut.

You glance at Cole. "Looks like we're stuck out here until the rain stops."

"Or until Sensei gets back, whichever happens first," Cole points out.

"Good point," you sigh. "So, what do we do until then?"

Cole shrugs. "Well...let's go for a walk."

You give him a weird look.

"Oh, come on," Cole protests. "It's not like we could get much wetter in this rain."

You shrug. "Okay, lead on."

Cole takes your arm and leads you onto a path behind the monastery, singing cheerfully. "You and me and rain on the roof..."