Chapter 3

Leone Mansion

Same day as Adrien knowing about his marriage Johan and Marie Leone were on the moon. Why won't they. The biggest business tycoon informed them about his arrival for dinner. It was normal for Henry Stone to invite himself or even go to meet someone. Every one came to him. So obviously the Leone couple were over doing everything. They knew the old man was hard to impress so when he called this morning and said that he would like to have a dinner with the complete Leone family, with the couple and their both daughters, they were too excited to think how they even knew about their older daughter. No one really knew her. For the people to know her last  name it was just a coincidence.
Steph and Em were called immediately. Steph from her spa appointment and Em from her college, luckily she had no lecture at that time. As soon as they came at the house Stephanie started whining like a puppy, what an irony az her being a bitch and whining . But Em was calmly waiting for her mother to tell her what was happening.
"Today Henry Stone is coming  for dinner sharp at 7 pm so be presentable , specially you Emerson don't go around look like a beggar. I don't want you embarrassing us . And Steph honey make sure my sweet daughter will be enough good to impress that old man. " Marie's tone changed from disgusted to honey dripping just like that. Even a kid could tell what was happening. Em was definitely sad but just masked her feelings and nodded her head.
Marie shooed them away.
It was good that she always had her work done before time so the reports to be submitted tomorrow were done yesterday and so she sent them right away and her assignments too were complete. So she just went back to her lectures and cooked Grandma Rose dinner at 5:30 so she could heat and eat it later. She went to the mansion at 6 and started to freshen up. After taking her shower she dressed herself in   an olive green blouse and a matching flowy skirt which reached below the knees  . It would have classified as middle era clothing but on her it looked casual but classy. She braided her hair in a French braid and applied some lip balm. She wore American diamond studs gifted to her by Rose on her birthday. Her left wrist had a simple black watch looking delicate as ever. She wore her frameless glasses even though it was not too necessary for her, she liked to have them, it felt bare without glasses.She never used much perfume. Her chocolate flavored shower gel and moisturizer were enough refreshing.Lastly she wore ballet flats which she cleaned after using it once. As mentioned , she hates using footwear used outside in house . Correct 5 minutes to 7 she went to the living room. Her parents ignored her after her father giving her a warning to behave. She nodded and looked down. Suddenly her nostrils were filled a horrible smell aka Steph's perfume. She prayed to the Lord that the old man may not have any breathing problem. May God bless his aged nose.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the front door open.
An old man with wrinkles on his face, grey streaks in his hair, but still looking handsome as ever was escorted to the living room by her father. He was in his seventies but still looked in early sixties. He had an aura of power and confidence. But something was eerily familiar with him. She was aware he looked too familiar. She heard her mother saying he was a business tycoon but she knew she had seen him somewhere, not in magzines but in real life . She pushed her thoughts aside.

"Mr Stone, it's such a pleasure to have you " Marie said in her over good and excited voice and shook his hand. He just nodded in response and his face was blank of any emotion. Stephanie stepped forward biting her lip and kissed his cheek. Emerson visibly cringed and Henry wiped his face with a hanky his face still blank but his eyes had a flash of disgust. Why won't be. She was in her early twenties and he was half generation older than her real grandparents. What a slut. He thought.

His gaze then moved to Emerson who was standing quietly. He could see confusion evident on her face probably trying to remember him. She smoothed crease on her forehead and took his hand and kissed his knuckles saying "Good evening sir". He was a little shocked but it was masked. She was not a fan of much physical contact but suddenly she remembered something from a couple years back and so she did it.

Henry thought probably she remembered him and decided to test the waters.
"Why would you do that " He asked his voice blank along with his face.
The Leones were ready to murder her for probably angering him. Her father was abut to say something "Mr Sto— " But he was cut off by Henry's hand raised towards him to silence him. He raised a single eyebrow at Emerson.
Em was little startled but composed herself and answered, "Someone told me kissing knuckles is a type of respect and greeting towards others rather than flirting special old people rather than shaking hands which generally shows competition than greeting. " She said as if remembering and old memory with a crease between her eyebrows. Henry remembered his wife telling him same thing when he took her to meet his parents for the first time, the same thing he quoted years after to Em and from Em's face he could tell she didn't remember him. He decided to tease her a little when he never did this to anyone except family.
"So you say I am old? " He raised his eyebrow.
Em's eyes widened comically but she refrained herself from rambling something wrong and calmly decided to answer " Not old, just extra wise than others, experienced than others and more towards perfection than others" Some would her talks were because she is majoring to be a lawyer, then no, she was really a kind soul.  The adorable little thing even decided to add a little cheeky smile to woo him.
Her parents were fuming at her but Henry was highly amused behind his mask of blankness but he couldn't hold more and laughed out loud. Every one was shocked. The man known for his blank face laughed at a simple girl.

"Sweets, call me Henry " The other Leones were angry and jealous at Em's success to woo him and Em was dumbstruck at the nickname and his permission to call him by his name.
"No sir it's disrespectful, you are elder than me" Em said with wide eyes but voice still soft and sweet. Henry chuckled again . Em didn't chande from the last time he saw her and he knew he was making right decision.
"Call me grandpa then " He said with a genuine smile.
Em nodded her head and Henry wrapped her in a warm embrace.