Chapter 34

Adrien was frustrated. He wanted to spend some more time with Emerson in London, and the accident had to take place.
The MD was completely fine except a small head injury which led to amnesia.
Other times he won't have ever complained, but when he wanted some free time, more work had to pile up to keep him busy.

"Hello? "  Emerson spoke.

"... "

"Yes. Two month statistics and data reports."

"... "

"I mailed them 3 days ago. They were due for tomorrow morning."

"..."

"So, it means I have a free week? "

"... "

"Thanks, but I am in London. Maybe next time."

"... "

"Thank you. Bye"

She hanged up and sighed.

"Free week? " Adrien asked her, envied she is having the free week, from what work, he didn't know.

Emerson nodded.
"Yeah . I will be having a lot of free time now. I don't have to compulsorily attend my minor subject lectures due to extra credit from previous and this semester , I dropped law which took a lot of work, and I have only 4 hour classes everyday." She shrugged, a small smile on his face.

Suddenly Adrian's face lit up but he composed himself, but Emerson saw it and eyed him in suspicion.

"What do you want to do after graduating? " Adrien asked her.

Emerson thought for a while. She never gave it a thought.

"Probably apply for PhD? " She said, but she wasn't sure.

"Dream job? " He asked her.

"Never thought about it." She said truthfully.

"Do you enjoy management? " He asked her.

Emerson thought for a while.
She did. That's why she applied for management course in Oxford and not Law .

She nodded.

Adrien looked hesitant before asking,
"Will you do me a favour? "

Emerson frowned.
The great Adrien Stone asking me for a favour? The hell is freezing and pigs are flying.

"What kind of favour? " She asked.

"Will you handle the work of MD for the time being? Please? " He asked.

Emerson stilled and stared at him blankly.
No.

"Why? " She asked instead.

"The MC's amnesia and all, that's why. I have seen your work and it's what anyone would want, plus you are interested in management —" He continued trying to convince her but she interrupted him.
"I wasn't asking perks of working Adrien, but the why you want me to work there." She stated calmly.

Adrien blinked. He didn't expect her to easily read him.
He scratched his jaw.
"Actually, to decrease my work load. I already have many meetings and contracts to work on. I can't handle the work of MD too." He confessed.

Emerson nodded.
"Sounds fair. But no."

Adrien frowned.
"I will pay you accordingly and also it will be part time so you don't have to worry about less time for studies. I won't give you overload." He said.

I don't want a job under you.
Emerson thought.
"Sorry Mr Stone, but no. I don't want to." She said.

Adrien frowned deeper.
"Why? I mean why not. It's a good offer. You can be independent. " He asked but regretted the moment he saw her eyes harden.