Chapter 52

"So what are we going to do today? " Emerson asked Adrien when they went back to his room.

He looked at her from head to toe and then grinned.

"First we need to go to your dorm so that you could get changed. Then, we can go for what I planned, for now, it's a surprise." He literally chirped.

Emerson bit her lip and nodded.

Adrien leaned forward and pecked her lips, not being able to stop himself.
And Emerson once again turned a dark shade of pink.

Even with his soft, loving kiss, Emerson couldn't stop herself from asking him something which she knew could potentially ruin their whole day.

"Why are you doing this? Is it because you feel sorry for me and pitying me? Or it's genuine? I am sorry but I can't just go and act like nothing happened. One moment we will ve fine and other moment ignoring each other." She stated softly.

Adrien froze, a look of hurt passing through his eyes.

"I would never do that Emerson. I already wanted to give our marriage a chance, you know it. I could have jumped on the opportunity of hooking up with your sister but I didn't. I came away from my country just to follow you. I don't pity you. But I do feel sorry, not for you, but what I put you through. I didn't want increase your problems, I just didn't know you had them in the first place. I - I think we should start over. We started from the wrong hook. Lets now communicate properly . I think miscommunication too is a major problem with us." He confessed.

She hesitated a moment before nodding.
"But I can't just get up and act like everything is fine. Can we take it slow? " She asked him.

He nodded.
Adrien was at the point where he would do everything the way Emerson wanted.
Because he realised how much she was deprived the right of choice, and he wasn't any different. So he wanted to make everything right.

Emerson on the other hand, was very happy, her heart fluttering due to the words he spoke, but she just couldn't jump on. Because no matter how much she tried to be positive, good things in her life always seemed to end fast.
But this time, she would take it slow, and give her best.

Even she now said it out loud, and confessed that she love Adrien, she wasn't sure about him, nor was she in love with him.
So she decided to wait to see what future holds.

Adrien palmed her cheek and softly caressed it with his thumb.
Giving her a soft smile, he spoke,
"As you wish. This time i won't let anything get between us. This will work. The idea of us will not be an illusion but a reality we will work hard to come true." He said and rested his forehead on hers.

Emerson suddenly became aware how strong her heart beat was, and how much her stomach fluttered.

She exhaled a shaky breath and smiled.

"Thanks." She whispered.

Adrien nodded.
"Let's go to your cabin." He said.

With that, they left, not before telling the others they were going.

At her place, she showered and changed her clothes to ripped jeans and cream coloured blouse.

When she came out changed, Adrien gave her a soft smile.

"You look pretty." He muttered.

He couldn't get over the fact that she could look pretty and adorable in these type of clothes, cute in the skirt and blouse she wore at Henry's dinner, hot in the professional outfit at the last day of program and gorgeous in dress she wore for the Leone's party.
In a snap she could look so differently alluring.