Chapter 32

2 days without Emerson in the mansion and Adrien was going crazy.
He would snap at his employees for little mistakes and was always in a grumpy mood.

It was Friday and so he decided to go back early since working wasn't calming his mind.
He was just showered and sitting in his living room going through the soft copies of his marriage pics he got earlier, someone came to see him.

Adrien looked at the person to see it was his mom in an elegant simple dressed, looking the classy lady she was.
Her sudden appearance was confusing for him.
Over the years with him taking over the company, they didn't even know when their relationship drifted.
The calls and meets became rare and the affection dried gradually.
But deep down they both had the love for each other.

"Hey, Mom. Didn't know you were coming. Everything ok? " He asked concerned.

Eliza smiled softly.
"I called your office, you weren't there, so thought I should meet you. How are you son? " She asked in a neutral tone.

Adrien nodded
"I am good, so what brings you here? "

Eliza raised an eye brow.
"Can't a mom visit her son to see how he is doing? "

Adrien rolled his eyes.
"That's not what I mean mom, and we both know it. So will you tell me? "

Eliza sighed.
"How is married life? It's been two months now."

Adrien stilled before composing himself. He thought of a response but found none.
He finally sighed, dragging his palm on his face.
"I don't know Mom." He said tiredly.

"What does that mean? "

Adrien gulped.
"Emerson is someone you will love to have as your wife. With all her college work, she still kept an eye on Grandad's and her grandma Rose's health, cooking for them on her own. She is polite, soft spoken but has hidden talents.
She is best at the work she does, at least for all the things I have seen her do.
She is someone you will die to hang out with, her food is better than any chef's in the whole NYC.
She doesn't hold grudges and knows her duties too well.
Too good to be true.
She is amazing mom, not someone to be stuck with a jerk like me."
He rambled.

Eliza blinked. It was her son's side she never saw.
"Wow." She muttered.

"Then what's the problem with trying, and where is she? " She asked frowning.

Adrien gulped.
"She is in London, Oxford University."

Eliza's eyes widened.
"Oxford student? She must be really intelligent then." She said in surprise.

Adrien frowned.
"You don't understand mom. She is there for six months as exchange student and she didn't even bother to tell me. A single message is what I got that I won't be seeing her for a few months, she never told me the real details, her grandma did."

Eliza nodded.
"And why so? "

Adrien sighed and a pained look crosses his face.
"I kissed her, she kissed back and next day she sees her sister trying to seduce me and forcefully kisses me."

Eliza's jaw dropped on the floor.
"Knew that girl was problem, but didn't know she was so low." She muttered.

Adrien nodded, his head in his hands.

Eliza spoke again,
"Your dad told me about what happened in your office. She is really smart if your dad and grandad praises her but what you did was wrong too. Henry told me he gave her a platinum card to pay for her dresses and your ring, but she never used it and returned it next day. She is different and something is off about her."