Chapter 9

The car ride was silent. Adrien had his jaw clenched and eyes cold.
What magic did she use on my grandpa only God knows.

Emerson was looking out of the window. Her mind ringing with her sister's words she heard before she sat in the car.
Steph called her name making her stop in her tracks. 'Yes? ' she asked still composed. But Steph's words shattered her heart once more. 'Don't be too happy. Your ex fucked me before your wedding and soon your husband too will do the same.' She whispered menacingly in her ear and walked away smirking.

Emerson was trying to keep her tears from falling.
Obviously he would, he was in relationship with her after all. And I am the unwanted bride, the homewrecker.
Adrien's action also showed she was right. She was about to apologize but suddenly her phone rang.
It was from her HOD. Why was she calling her at this time , that too on Sunday?
She accepted it.
"Hello."

"Hey Ms Leone. Sorry to disturb you but you are my only option now. Our newest accountant screwed up the reports of past month completely. All the figures are wrong and are not adding up. The reports are to be submitted in the quarterly  board meeting next week. I checked the reports today and they are all wrong. I know it's wrong of me to ask you this urgently but they are needed in three days. Please will you help me. I am sorry but you are my only option. I am so sorry for this. "
"Please.  Don't apologize. It's ok. I'll do it. "

"Thanks Ms Leone. You are a life saviour. Even at young age and with your studies, you are the best worker. " Her HoD praised her and Em blushed furiously.
"It's nothing. Please. I'll be happy to do it."
With that they hanged up. Em sighed, her previous thoughts long forgotten.
At least I'll be completely occupied.

Adrien her Em's side of conversation.
Nobody could tell she is a gold digger. Her innocent face and soft, polite voice is too deceiving. It was definitely a lover from her blush.
Adrien scoffed internally.

Reaching the mansion, Adrien literally ran out of the limo, leaving Em behind.
The butler helped her towards their room. He told her that her things are kept in the closet but are untouched, she could call any maid when needed to organise it. She just thanked him. The room was bigger than her parents master bedroom. It had a king sized bed with nightstands on each side, a walk in closet, bathroom which she was yet to see because of Adrien in it from the noise of water running, a three seater plush couch, 2 armchairs, a bean bag, a window with cushions on its pane big enough for someone to sleep on it, and a balcony door on it's side. A coffee table was placed in front of couch and a study table in a corner.

She sat on the couch waiting for Adrien to come out, with a towel, clothes and toiletries ready with her. When Adrien came out in his PJs and stormed in the closet, she used the bathroom , freshly showered and changed .

When she came out in 3/4 th PJ pants and t-shirt, her hairs braided and glasses on , she noticed Adrien seated on his bed. Before she could speak Adrien started -
"Look and hear carefully, I don't care what you think, don't expect anything from. I don't consider you my wife. Don't meddle with my business. And don't tell anyone your are married to me unless I tell you. You can sleep in this room since grandad said that but not on my bed, I don't care if you sleep on the floor. Don't think about using guest room 'cause I don't want grandad angry on me. Also don't cry and throw a tantrum if you see me with other women. Media don't know about my marriage and I would like it that way. And one more thing, don't utter a single word to grandad about this. Got it? "

Emerson swallowed her pain and answered-
"Yes. And I am sorry Mr. Stone you had to marry me not my sister with whom you were in relationship with. I didn't even know she had a boyfriend. "

"I wasn't in any relationship, specially not with your sister. " He answered annoyed by both ; her lack of reaction and statement about his relationship.
Why the hell is acting so damn polite making me feel like an asshole. She even called me Mr Stone. And where the hell did she got idea of my relationship with the slutty sister of hers.
Adrien was too frustrated.
"I'll be in my office. Don't disturb me. My office is forbidden for you. "
He was about to storm off but Em stopped him.
"What? " He asked annoyed.

She hesitated before asking, " Can I use the study table to keep my books since its empty? "
"Yeah yeah. " He waved it off and went to his study. She first organised her clothes, then books, her other things, her few albums and jewellery in seperate compartment. But she kept the box of her awards as it is in an empty compartment on her side. In was done in an hour, she was fast worker. Then she sat on the window pane and started doing the reports she was  mailed by her HoD earlier.

Adrien was in his study working on some contracts. But his gaze went on his ring finger. He took off the ring and observed it. That's when he saw something carved in it. It was his name with a delicate design joining in a heart.
It was beautiful and bring a warm feeling in his chest.
At first he thought he would remove the ring, but he decided against it and wore it in his index finger instead and turned back to his files.

Nearly at midnight he felt sleepy and decided to go to his room thinking Emerson would be asleep.
He entered the room quietly but was startled to see Emerson's figure sitting on the window pane working on a laptop, with some papers and calculator with her. The only light was the small wall lamp on the  pane. The rest of room was dim . Too immersed in her work she didn't even noticed him.
Ignoring her adorable look he slipped inside his duvet too tired.

He woke up again some time after. It showed 1:47 . He turned his side to see Emerson still working. She didn't even look tired.
What is she? A vampire? I know she is student but this much work. What the hell is she studying for. Probably she is too dumb and so the hardwork.
He quietly observed her. She first sighed, then arranged the papers, closed her laptop. She was about to get up but froze.
He could see her now looking at him and then clutching her chest breathing heavily, probably scared. He knew she couldn't see if he is awake and so continued watching her.
She kept her laptop on the desk, papers in drawer, glasses in a box, pencil in the stand.
She had too much books for a student.
He wondered.
She went to the bathroom quietly coming with a wet face and just stood for 5 min looking out of the window.
"You know it's rude to stare." She said quietly but loud enough for him to hear.
His heart jumped out of his throat.
She knew?
"Psychology women can easily tell if someone is watching them more precisely than men"
She also heard!!
"Generally it's the first thing to come in people's mind in these situations."
She turned giving him a soft smile and mumbled a goodnight, getting a duvet from closet and slipping under it after closing the curtains on window.

She is definitely dangerous. Beware Adrien.