Chapter 36

Emerson stared at the car with pursued lips. Sure it was beautiful with the white colour but it was too much, a sudden attention grabbing thing.

Adrien frowned at the lack of her reaction.

She turned towards him.
"Thanks, but it's too much. I can't keep it." She told him with an apologetic face.

Adrien's frown deepened.
"Why? You don't like it? We can exchange cars. I have a black jaguar." He told her.

Emerson mentally face palmed herself at his suggestion.
You want me to trade Mercedes for jaguar when I don't want attention.
She shook her head.
"No, the car is too fancy, attention grabbing." She told him.

Adrien refrained himself from scowling.
She was never satisfied with what I gave her, always pointing some faults in it.
His egoistic mind thought bitterly and his mood soured.

Emerson sighed.
"Let it be, I was already thinking of buying a car, I already decided which one to buy, so it won't be much problem. I will call a cab for now. Bye." She smiled and left without waiting for his reply.

His whole mood turned sour. He was doing things to please her and she was acting like a spoilt brat.

But how could she when she was never asking for materialistic things.

Emerson was in her house, looking through car models to decide one.
She lied when she said she already chose, because she didn't want Adrien to do more. She had decided a thing. No matter how good he behaves, her guard will be always up . She had remembered how she had been badly hurt before, and she wasn't going to go through her nth heartbreak .

She booked a Hyundai Elantra for 20 K dollars, a good deal with a good car.
The dinner which was cooking on the stove also was done, she turned off the gas and took plates out.
She had already messaged Adrien to come by 7 , and it was 7:30 but still no message from him.

She was about to call him when his message came he won't be able to make it .
Emerson clenched her jaw , tears of frustration stinging in her eyes.
He was the one telling to cook for him and then he had the nerve to tell he won't make it.
She could feel letting him be there and not getting space instead was a bad idea. She was even regretting accepting his job offer.

She took a deep breath and started eating, even if her appetite was gone because of him, she wouldn't let herself starve because of him. She ate her part and kept his for her to eat tomorrow.
She wasn't a fan of throwing food in trash bins.

She startes doing other work, passing the day, well night.

Next day, Emerson was waiting for Shan to complete his lecture, her ending a few minutes early.

The class ended and students rushed out of the class.

Shan too came out and smiled at her.
"Hi, professor was extra excited  to share his knowledge today." He said with a chuckle.

She smiled in response.

Walking through the corridor, Shan was scrolling through his phone when he abruptly stopped, making Emerson halt too.

"What happened? " She asked confused.

He looked  at her with furrowed eyebrows and  showed his phone screen to her.
"Isn't he the same man who ate with us yesterday , Adrien Stone. I didn't know he is a celebrity." He said.

Emerson's frown deepened and she pursued her lips.
It was a pic of Adrien and a beautiful model outside a restaurant.

Looks like the famous American business man is a lady's man. He was seen with a Chanel model yesterday in front of a famous restaurant in London...