Chapter 51

Emerson, for Henry, wasn't just a girl, for him she was an angel, sent by Gabriella.
And so when Emerson said she loves his Grandson, his belief strengthened.

The girl loved his arrogant grandson despite his occasional egoistic behavior.

And so now, he knew he didn't do anything wrong by marrying the both, and he didn't regret the decision. But he probably would if Adrien didn't improve his behavior.

"You should freshen up Grandpa. I too need to. We will have breakfast then." She said and left his room after he agreed in daze, still processing the information.

Emerson went inside the room where she slept with Adrien and noticed he was fumbling with something with his back to her.

"Adrien? " She called him.

Adrien jumped in his place, startled and turned to her, hiding something behind his back.

"W-what? When did you come? " He asked wide eyed.

Emerson frowned.
"Why are you acting weird? And what are you hiding? " She asked him.

He chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.
"No, what would I hide. Nothing. Hehe." He muttered.

Emerson narrowed her eyes at him.
If he was going to walk on eggshells around her just because he knew a fragment of her past, she wasn't taking it.

"Adrien let me see what are you hiding." She said more firmly.

Adrien chuckled nervously again. He was scared for her reaction, but he also didn't want to miss the chance.
He had planned it long before he came to London.

He bit his lip and forwarded his hand in front of himself with a velvet box in it.

"I brought a birthday gift for you, before coming to London. I wanted to give it to you yesterday, but things turned out wrong long before it." He muttered.

"You didn't have to Adrien. You came here, just so I won't be alone was much for me." She said.

Adrien shook his head.
He nodded at the box.
"Take this." He said.

Emerson softly took the box from his hand and opened it.

Her breath got stuck in her throat.

She looked up at Adrien with a stunned expression.

"Adrien? " She whispered softly.

Adrien stepped closer to her and kissed her forehead, and she closed her eyes, leaning into his touch.

"I wish I could buy something as beautiful as you, but nothing compared, so I thought of stealing your idea." He murmured when he pulled back.

He took the box from her hands, and pulling out the platinum band studded with small diamonds , he slipped it on her finger which already held the gold band from their wedding.

The ring had her name inside it in perfect cursive, which hand delicate design on it which met at the other end to form a heart.

"It's beautiful, but you didn't have to." Emerson said looking at him with soft eyes.

Adrien shook his head.
"How can I not when you are one of the best things that happened to me in my life? " He asked her softly.

It felt like they created a bubble around themselves.

Adrien looked down from her soft brown to eyes to her soft, pink lips  which looked cotton candy soft.

He slowly leaned towards her, and she closed her eyes.