Chapter 26

When Adrien thought the group was now going to ruin his day, something completely opposite happened.

A girl courageous stepped forward, but she didn't even give a single glance to Adrien, no one from her group did.

"You are Emerson Leone, right? From NYU? " She asked with a big smile.

Adrian's jaw dropped.

Emerson was caught off guard but she smiled and nodded.

"We were at the software coding program 3 months ago. You were really good. Your coding style and techniques were awesome." She said excitedly and Emerson blushed.
"Yes. It was me."
She replied.

Adrien was confused .
Wasn't she studying Law and Management? Since when is coding added in it?

"You were really good, you explained it really well. A pretty face and smart mind. Wow" A boy said and gave her A charming smile.

Adrien narrowed his eyes at the boy but the boy was oblivious to the company.

Emerson chuckled.
"Charming I see. I don't think your girlfriend standing behind you will appreciate it. " Emerson said pointing at the girl behind him who had her eyes narrowed at him.

He laughed and wrapped his arm around her, " She knows the only one I will ever love no matter what is her. And I didn't miss the wedding band on your finger. Don't want to be beaten in pulp by someone." He winked at her.

His girlfriend blushed and Emerson laughed.
The first girl made gagging noise.
"Stop being so lovey dovey. And Ms Emerson, your husband must be lucky. If you weren't married, I would have definitely tried on you" She said and Adrien chocked on his spit.

But no one was paying attention to him.

Emerson blushed , "uh. Thanks for the compliment... I guess"

Another boy spoke," Stop it Leslie, you are making her uncomfortable. Are you perceiving software engineering Miss? " He asked Emerson.

"No, I had a diploma in coding and I am minoring in it." Emerson replied politely.

"Wow, don't want to make you uncomfortable but this idiot Dean is right. Pretty face and smart mind. Damn" He whistled.

Adrien kept glaring at the boys.

"Boys, I can feel this man's glare on you. You are hitting on a married girl in front of her husband." Leslie spoke.

Everyone's attention snapped on Adrien and he cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Isn't he some business man? " Dean's girlfriend spoke.

"Doesn't matter" Leslie spoke and turned her attention towards Emerson and others did the same.

His jaw was now touching the floor.

This was first time someone said he didn't matter.

They talked for a while with Emerson and then finally bid their goodbyes, living the two alone.

"Wow, never felt so loved " He muttered sarcastically and Em heard him.

"They were kids Mr Stone. Teenagers tend to do wierd things." She said amusement lacing her voice.

"Yeah yeah, you should have wore glasses and cap instead of me. Didn't know you had a fan club who would directly say on my face I don't matter.
It was really awkward to see 3 teenagers hit on you." Adrien rambled annoyed and Emerson couldn't contain her laughter.

"You are rambling, really Adrien? " She continued laughing and Adrien noticed it was first time she called him by his first name.

I wouldn't mind if you scream it too.