Chapter 11

Next 2 days went the same . Adrien in his business and Em in her own with 2 hours sleep. What she didn't forget was greeting Adrien through the note.

So the next Thursday, her work was submitted flawlessly and she was awarded with 4 days holiday from work which included 2 days of weekend. But she was happy. She luckily had only 3 classes this Friday, that too back to back so she was free before lunchtime. She being the nerd she was, her assignments too were complete and so she had 2 and a half days completely to herself.

Her classes on Thursday went quickly due to her good mood. Her lunch was tasting better and she was feeling lighter. Henry was in LA was some business and so she only had to cook for grandma.
She courageously decided to cook for her husband and herself instead of eating at grandma's house.

She came at the mansion and started cooking after she freshened up.
She made tofu bites , cheesy spaghetti pasta plain for herself and with chicken for Adrien. Yeah she was vegetarian.
And then 2 chocolate pastries for dessert.
She arranged the table and waited for him to come.

Adrien came back at his usual time. He could smell something good but decided to freshen up first. He was sure not see Em there but ignored it. He freshened up and went in the dinning room.
What he saw shocked him. Em was waiting at the table filled with tasty looking and smelling food.
She smiled when she saw him.
He was hungry but he decided to annoy her.
"Did you make this? " He asked in a cold voice.
Emerson's face fell. But she nodded nonetheless.
"Then I am not hungry " And with that he stormed off.

Emerson now couldn't hold back. So she just took one pastry and went to the garden to sit on the bench. She ate it but her real excitement and apatite fell.
After eating she let her tears fall soundlessly.When no tears left, she just sat there for at least an hour. She didn't know why it hurt more than normal but no one had insulted her on her food.Luckily she had her phone and slippers. She booked a cab , paying online she went to a place she knew she would feel good.

Adrien was watched her from his home office. She had her back towards him. After watching for 30 minutes he decided he would end her torture by eating her food and calling her back. There was no way he was eating in front of her.

The food was too good. He literally moaned out loud. Not that there was someone to hear in there. After eating he decided to call her back to eat.
But she wasn't on the garden bench.
She went to the room probably.
He looked there but no one was there. He then checked all the rooms but she was no where to be found.
His heart started beating wildly. He was getting anxious. He definitely felt guilty.
  But she shouldn't act on impulse. What if she left? What if she is in trouble? It's almost 10 am now.
All the what ifs were making him dizzy.
He went to the front security.
"Have you seen Mrs. Stone? "  He asked.

"Uh yes sir, she went somewhere in an Uber. "

He felt a little relief. He thought of calling her but he didn't have her phone number.
He couldn't ask Grandad 'cause he would skin him alive.
He decided to use his connections and called the Uber HQs. In next 30 minutes he got her location which shocked him more.
A damn cemetery at night, with it being oldest one as cherry on top.

He took his car an drove to the location. The cemetery wasn't too big so he could easily search for her but she wasn't there.
Again the worst scenarios played in his mind.
Before he could over think more he heard a car rumble . It sounded like it was slowed down and turned of. He went in the direction of the sound which was at the back of cemetery. A huge metal gate had small window gate in it. He was wary but went inside.

He saw his wife get out of a matte black Ferrari and he sighed in relief. The area was quite. A man in his 50s with bald head, beared, dressed in cargo pants and shirt went towards her. She handed him the keys.
"Getting better huh? Come again soon"

"Thanks. I'll try. " She typed something in her phone and showed him.
"Your payment is done."  She said. Her voice till soft.
"Oh you didn't have to. But I am not complaining. Just missing old days. Your control on the wheel and drifts are still the best. You could even win F1. " He chuckled and Emerson joined him.
Adrien was beyond shocked. She can drive a sports car, let on race it.
Even after doing something badass she still is looking like an angel. It would have been a site to see her petite frame in leggings and sweater racing a sports car.
It would be se- No Adrien no.
He shook his thoughts away.
When he heard her coming there, he didn't know why but he hid himself in shadows.
When he saw Emerson out of the window get, he followed after a few minutes quietly.

When out of the gate, he was about to continue his walk out, a soft voice startled him to death.

"It's really rude to stare you know. Specifically eavesdrop and stalking. It's makes people look like a stalker, creep or pervert."
Emerson was cool downed now, but the pain was still there. And so she kept her voice void of emotion. But she still felt bad for it.

Adrien tried to calm himself.
She is literally dangerous. Who the hell passes through cemetery alone at night and suddenly shows her presence.
S
Emerson walked out and Adrien followed. A cab was already there. She sat inside and the cab drove out.  Adrien followed in his car.

Emerson was feeling exhausted. She decided to eat and went to kitchen to see Adrien's share was already eaten. Emerson's anger increased.
Such a meanie. He is really hot headed.
She ate her share and went to the room. She freshened and luckily Adrien wasn't there.
She took her laptop and browsed mindlessly on Netflix.
V
Grandpa Peter taught her to drive. He was the one who took her to Clay , the owner of the racing track. The place was definitely odd but racing helped her. It was a good escape.
She decided to read Treasure Island online instead of watching some series or movie. She was halfway through the reading when Adrien came back in the room. She continued reading ignoring his presence. It was now midnight and she definitely won't be asleep any time soon.
She heard him sigh and then finally he went to sleep.
Emerson wondered what was wrong with her that the people who should love her hate her instead.
First her parents, her sister, high school students, college students, and now Adrien. She didn't expect love from the last three but being civil would have done the work. She was really exhausted bearing the load. She decided not to attend tomorrow 's classes. Her long weekend would help her restore her energy. She emailed the college about her leave. They had no reason to deny cause she never skipped or had a single day off in years. Her record was a plus point. She went in her closet and packed a small bag with casual clothes for two days and other necessities. She rented a convertible for for the time being.
She was in for a small trip .