Chapter 29

Emerson went to Grandma Rose's.
She was overwhelmed with everything.
Even a single good thing happens and something big has to destroy it.

She didn't have keys either her so she knocked on Rose's door.
As soon as Rose opened the door, Emerson collapsed on her, hugging her tight.
Rose understood something happened.
She knew Emerson a little too well.

Rose was a firecracker, but she was a wise lady, her hair didn't gray only because of aging.

She just held Em and stroked her hair.
"Come in honey, let's settle inside." Rose whispered in her ear softly.
Emerson nodded and pulled away.

"Go in the guest room and change, you already have some clothes here." Rose gently ordered.

Emerson obeyed and came out after a few minutes.

Rose opened her arms and gestured Em to come in her embrace.
Em went to her and hugged her abdomen, laying her head in Rose's lap.
Rose stroked her hair softly which were now in lose braid instead of bun.

"Want to talk now? " Rose asked softly.

Emerson nodded and told her what happened since their marriage to what she saw and heard just a couple hours ago.

Tears escaped her eyes.

"If he pushed her and didn't give in to Stephanie, then why are you upset sweetie? " Rose asked confused.

Emerson sat up and wiped some tears.

"I am tired grandma. Of everything from the start since I was a child. Not a single good thing happened to me without being snatched away the next second.
Adrien was a jerk first and I understand he was forced in this marriage, but what about me? Wasn't I forced too.

He said wrong things I listened and kept mum, I hate confrontations but he didn't even apologize.
Not that I want one but his pride is something I don't want to deal with.
Something will happen out of his control and he will start being a jerk.

Last few weeks finally we were civil, Adrien took a step forward by kissing me. Not even a day after, my sister, with whom I share blood tries to seduce him and kiss him. And he isn't the first with whom she did this. Last time it was more than a kiss but I wasn't married, this time even if it is a kiss, I am married, grandma, married!
He may have pushed her away but will he do it always?

The way my parents treat me, my sister treat me, it's exhausting.
I don't know if Adrien is acting or he really wants to give marriage a chance , we didn't talk about it. Adrien is being nice but wasn't Michael nice too.
Well with Adrien it is on a different ground but I am not ready for a relationship, even if I am married to the same person, it exhausted me. I can't handle something or anything now as a matter of fact.
I just want to escape all this granny.
Everything." She let it all out with a defeated sigh and tears pouring down her cheeks.

Someone would say she is over reacting.
But grandma Rose knew why it took a toll on her .
Betrayal from your blood hurts, their words don't break your heart, they crush it, their hateful glares sting like glass shards all over your body, and that's what Em has seen every single time when she is with them.
She never saw any other parents treat their child like she was treated, every siblings she saw loved each other but her didn't.
So it was too much for her.
She saw it was her sister hitting on her husband first, so it hurt , badly.
The balloon filled with air of patience and tolerance was bursted by the needle of Stephanie's behavior, so she wasn't reacting on the single incident, she was reacting on her whole life.

"Why don't you talk to Adrien about this?" Rose suggested.

"I don't trust him enough grandma. I just want an escape from this, a big one." She replied holding her head in her hands.

Rose was about to say something when Em's email notification popped up.

She read it and turned towards Rose.
"Looks like I found and escape from all of this in few days right away." She said with a sad smile.

Rose's eyes softened.
"Honey, I am here to support you, but running away from it won't take it anywhere." She said.

"It's too much granny." Emerson said, her voice cracking.

Rose knew her sudden decision was wrong but she needed this too.
She sighed and nodded.

Adrien was not able to sleep all night in their mansion. He was twisting and turning all night.
He was a little disappointed Em wasn't there but he was also relived because he didn't want to face her.
He was still disgusting from Stephanie's behavior and he couldn't tell Em because he didn't know if she would trust him or not, after all the bitch and Em were sisters, and he was someone else.

The next morning he got a message from Emerson saying she will be at Rose's house and Adrien told her he too will be in Philadelphia for a land case.

Emerson took the opportunity of his absence and went to the mansion, packed all her things , leaving nothing behind and gave them to international moving company.
She had less things than other people but she had to take everything with her if she decided to move somewhere because all her things were clothes, books, awards and certificates and some other necessities.

Lucky for her Adrien needed to stay out of the town for two nights.
She felt like fate too was telling her to leave, removing all the obstacles which will stop her from leaving.

On Monday she filled forms and details for the program and read the guidelines and etc.

Oxford provided dorm facilities and currency change , so most things were easier for her. Her things were to be delivered on Thursday, so everything was going smoothly for and she also didn't get a bad gut feeling about it.

She booked a flight for Tuesday morning so she wouldn't have to face Adrien if he comes and finds her things gone.

Adrien on the other hand was feeling something was wrong.
He would get texts from Em and he too would reply, but he was getting anxious to go to NYC.
Two nights stay was feeling like  two years for him.
He was determined that he would forget about the filthy stunt Stephanie pulled and act normal and go with the flow with Emerson.

On Tuesday morning, at 4 am Emerson was ready with her single suitcase and sac.
Her flight was at 6:57 so she still had some time in NYC.
She knew she couldn't visit Henry a last time because he chose her thinking she would be good for Adrien, but here she was running away like a scared cat.
She visited Rose a last time and went to greet Grandpa Peter in his cemetery.

Travelling wasn't a problem for her, but it was first time ahe was leaving the continent, to travel overseas, for her dream.
So being a little anxious and excited was expected.

The security check went smoothly and soon she was flying in air, unluckily in the middle seat without the window view, but it was fine by her.
With the take off, Emerson could feel the lightness on her shoulders.

Finally, away from NYC, from the people towards my dream to study Management in Oxford.

Lucky for her she still had her job, online classes for accounting and coding, and a semester drop out for law.

She usually used her phone as payment method but thankfully debit cards worked all over world, so she knew first thing she had to do was buy some necessities till her luggage arrives and food to eat.
Everything was organised to her convenience.