Chapter 5

After Henry left the mansion, Johan explained everything to his wife and younger daughter.
They were outraged. Marie was fuming while Stephanie was throwing a big tantrum. They thought Steph was the right bride for Adrien, the only businessman to be in Forbes top 3 for 3 years straight now.

They all barged in Emerson's room and shook her awake harshly.
Emerson blinked her eyes and rubbed the dizziness out of them.
It's been a long time anyone had come to her room.
What made her more confused was the profanities thrown by all the three members she call family.
They were insulting, yelling and cursing her.
"You bitch, you had to take the love of my life away, you homewrecker" Steph shouted.
Again the innocent soul was confused.
When was she in relationship at the first place.
"What are you taking about? " She finally asked.
"You are getting married on this Sunday and you don't have a choice, if you try or do anything out of place, I will personally kill you. " Her father threatened.

Emerson just sat there shocked. She had no idea what to say or do.
"I love him and you had to drop your cursed gaze on my relationship! " Steph started to cry and her mother consoled her and glared at Em.
Why are you making me marry him if you are in a relationship.
"He is the best man I could ask for Steph and you had to take her happiness away. You spoiled brat" Her father spat.
Steph was about to lung at her but her father stoped and reminded her Henry's warning in her ear. With that Steph glared at her last time and stomped out of the room.
"What did you do to that old hag huh? Which black magic did you spread. Remember your husband will never except you, he will always love Steph" Her mother spat.
He must be a very good person if they are this furious at her marriage to him. Probably he will love her?
But then her mother's words ringed in her mind. Her mind was completely confused at their actions and words but when was it not.
She dared a last thing when her father was about to leave the room.
"Wha-what is his name? "
"Adrien" Her father spat with venom in his tone.

They didn't even hear if I had my opinion, or my agreement. But his name is beautiful.
'Adrien'  She tested it on her lips.
But what's his last name? Probably I have to wait till Saturday to find out and go with the flow as always.
She had many questions in her mind, but she just decided to cry herself to restless sleep.

Next day, she carried herself at usual occasionally drifting at her wedding thoughts.
How would it be or  will anyone ask her opinion in it.
But she knew no one cared.
Her day carried on and ended by a dinner with Grandma Rose who told her stories about some snobby ladies or say un-ladies at a club she joined.
Her feisty but bubbly behavior never ceased to bring genuine smile on Em's face. But she decided to keep the wedding thing hidden from Rose.
She knew the latina will sprint to beat her parents with her rolling pin and trust me she is more than scary.

The following day, when Em was exiting her college to find a spot for eating her lunch, suddenly a  man with black suit, shades and an earpiece came towards her. He was handsome looking but scary. She just stared at him confused by his arrival towards her.
"Ms Leone? " He asked in a deep voice. He looked like a bodyguard.
"Uh yes? " She asked timidly.
"This is for you " He passed her a white envelope.
"Are you sure it's me, and from whom is this? " She asked him.
"Yes, it's for you from my boss. Call me Liam. And everything you need to know is inside. It's about the wedding.I shall leave now" He nodded at her and went away without a second glance at her.
She just stood there dumbfounded for a second.
After finding a bench under a tree, she opened the envelope. It had a letter and a card in it.
She read the letter first.
Hello dear.
It's your in law. This card is limitless, you can buy anything you from it but it's for you only. The pin is **** .
Also remember the person you are marrying, means my dear grandson is marrying to have all the ownership rights. Others things you don't need to know. Venue of wedding will be this villa on the only private beach of Bronx . You will be there at 9:00am to get ready and have your suitcases packed with you. After the wedding, banquet and reception you will move in directly at your husband's mansion. Buy a wedding and reception dress and ring for your husband. Ring size is 32. It's solely your choice.
Even if you are married to Adrien, remember he will not control your life and decisions . Sorry for dumping this marriage on you but please give this a chance. My grandson can be a little hot headed. But I trust him with you.
Other things will be explained when we meet again. For now Goodbye.
Your in law to be.
The card was platinum with initials HS for name.
Who could it be. I am not using someones card without their face to face permission. And why would I need when I have my own money and job.
With that she kept the card safely in her bag.
I'll go to buy  dress and ring after my last class.

After her classes ended, she went to nearby mall.
Unlike many others who just wander aimlessly to shop, she went directly to a cute boutique she saw. It had really nice dresses hanged on display.
"How may I help you? " A middle aged lady asked her.
"Uh... I want a wedding dress for myself" She muttered shyly.
The middle aged lady obviously wondered why on the name of God would someone shop alone for wedding dress but she ignored her thoughts.
"What style do you want? " She asked instead.
" I don't know? " It came out more like a question.
The lady scanned Em. She was definitely beautiful with neither too big nor to small assets and the best body anyone could ask for. She was a beauty. She definitely knew what dress would be best for her.
She grabbed her hand and dragged her at the back office.
" I have the best for you " The lady chirped excitedly.
Em felt at ease by her behavior.
The lady made Em sit on a stool and rummaged through a rack of wedding gowns. After some moments she found the dress and held it out in front of Em.
Em was in love with the dress. It was simple yet elegant.
It reached just below her knees flowing down her waist. It had layers of net with delicate embroidery from her waist .  It had a sweet heart neckline with net following towards her neck and for sleeves with the same delicate embroidery.
When she tried it, both her and the lady's jaw dropped on the floor. It fit her perfectly and the gave her an angelic glow perfectly matching with her milky skin and black hair. She looked straight out of a fairytale. The lady who now told her name as Penn gushed at her.
Not able to contain her curiosity she finally asked " Where are your friends or relatives? "
Em froze for a second but only gave her a sad smile and lowered her head.
Penn understood that she was a lonely soul. So being the life savior she is she decided to help the poor soul.
"Well since your God fairy mother is here;" She pointed towards herself- "let's the party of your wedding shopping begin " She cheered.
Em was little reluctant but a smile crept on her face and she agreed.
" But what if a customer comes to you? " She asked.
"Oh honey don't worry, generally appointments are made for wedding gowns and I don't sell anything else. Oh but I just made a veil from a remaining net which is definitely made for you" With that she rushed inside and brought a veil which already had a diamond clip attached to it.
"You are definitely lucky one, I am in happy wedding shopping mood so I'll discount you 30% " Penn said dramatically bowing.
"No please don't it's your hard work, I'll pay you completely plus you are also helping with the other shopping. "

Penn had a good judge of character and she knew at the moment that Em is a pure soul.
She accepted the whole amount after an argument which Em won, and went for their shopping spree.

****************
A/N : this is first draft so please tell if their are any typos. 😊