Chapter 12

Next day Adrien woke up thinking he would see the good morning note first in the morning but instead of greetings on it, it had a message.

Mr. Stone. I'll see you on Sunday directly.
I will be out of the city for the time being.
Have a nice day
Emerson.

Adrien groaned.
Is she mad and throwing a tantrum?
But the words didn't seem to be harsh.
Probably she is on her college trip.
But it doesn't sound convincing.
She could be at her parents to meet them
You live in same city, not out of it.

He groaned and shook his thoughts.
She is grown adult, she can definitely take care of herself.

With that thought he went with his own business.

Emerson was having a good time.
Henry was in LA and she texted Grandma about her trip before handed. She picked the convertible she rented from Clay, who gave her the best car with a good discount at 5:00 am sharp and hit the road at 6 after filling gas and buying some snacks for the trip.

She arrived at a beach town, rented a room I'm cozy bed and breakfast and started enjoying her trip.
She strolled through beaches, went to local markets, ate food from food trucks, went to fair at night and enjoyed it to fullest.
Generally people never did the things she did alone,
But who is there to share happiness and enjoy moments with me?
She swallowed the sadness away and continued with her day.
Her nights was peaceful after a long time with complete 4 hour of sleep to which she was more than happy for.

Next she went for hiking to a nearby forest, she was back by noon and then she spent rest of her day in an orphanage playing with kids and giving them gifts and then in amusement park, returning back to city late at night.

In the room she Adrien peacefully sleeping. She freshened up and sighing, she went to sleep on the windowpane.

Those two days went weirdly for Adrien. He would find himself wondering where his wife was.
He even got a call from Henry telling he too will be back on Sunday morning and decided a family dinner the same day .
I am sure by now that grandad loves 'her' more than me.

Adrien was back at his room sleeping . He was not a light sleeper but he woke up in the middle of night, and he realised she was back and adjusting herself to sleep meaning it wasn't long before she came back.
He checked the time to see it was nearly 2 in the morning.
Her sleeping schedule and courage to be out late at night is really shocking.
He sighed and went back to a dreamless slumber.

Weirdly next morning, Emerson was no doubt already up but what surprised Adrien was seeing her drinking something sitting on the barstool. Wearing track pants and hoodie with her hood on. Scrolling through her phone. She definitely looked relaxed than other times.
That's when he remembered they were now married for a complete week. He was 7 days in his marriage successfully survive.
He cleared his throat and told her balut the dinner tonight.
"Grandad is hosting family dinner tonight. Be ready by 7 , we are expected there." His tone was void of emotion but he got no response from her.
He repeated again but the same thing happened. She was leisurely sipping her drink and scrolling through her phone. He was about to snap at her but her ringtone blared suddenly. She swiped on her screen but didn't bring it near her ears.

" Good morning grandma. "
...

"Yes it was good. "
....

"Yeah I enjoyed it. "
....

" Yes I got a hippie style bracelet for you.
How could I forget gift for my favorite granny. "
....

*rolling eyes and laughing*