Chapter 50

Adrien knew many problems in the world, loss in business, working hard to get where you are, traitors where you work, and many much.

But abuse by someone, specially parents wasn't something he ever faced. Even he ever heard one or two cases of abuse, mental, physical or sexual, it wasn't something on which he too much thought or invested his mind.
For him, cases of abuse was always among gypsies, or low lives and all. What he never predicted was that his wife, his Emerson could be the one abused by her parents, who are millionaires, big business people.

And the depth of the situation, the reality didn't sink in him untill he hear Emerson talk with Grandma Rose.
The pain she felt...

He realised it wasn't Emerson who was shielded from real problems of the world, but it was him who was shielded from the outer world. It was too much for him to handle. It was far worse than loosing millions of dollars in some deal, not that lost any.

The frustration, pain, anger , guilt overwhelmed him, and for the for the time in bis life since he was 8 , tears dropped from his eyes for Emerson.

~~~~~~~

"We can discuss this later Adrien, Grandpa didn't look good last night. I want to check up on him." She whispered, looking behind him.

Adrien sighed , and he was sure he heard crack of something breaking in him.

He nodded and Emerson leaned forward, and wiping a tear on his cheek and giving him a peck, she left for Henry's room.

Emerson knocked on the door but when no one answered, she went inside.

What she saw made her heart clench.
Henry was sitting on the floor, his back against the bed and staring into space.

But his eyes held pain. Like someone had slashed his skin and poured salt on it.

"Grandpa, are you okay? " Emerson asked softly.

He didn't reply , but a tear left his eye.

Emerson's concern grew. She couldn't handle another person's health going downhill. Doesn't matter if it is mental or physical.

"You know Grandpa, no matter how much cloudy it is, the stars still exist, even if they are invisible, that's the universal truth, and the same way, if a person truly loves you, they will understand your intention behind your actions no matter how much you failed? " She asked him.

Henry's slouched figure froze.

He turned to look at her with glassy eyes. He couldn't believe she remembered. The day of Gabriella's funeral.

"The person who truly love you will always be there to support you, even if you can't see him or her, like the way we can't see the stars in daylight and sun in night, but they exist. They will always exist." She said softly, bit loud enough for Henry to hear.

"You know Grandpa, a teenage girl of merely 14 or 15 years saw an old, but powerful looking man sitting in park, looking so pained, grieving the loss of his better half. She wished to console the man, make him happy again, because she could see he too was once happy. What she didn't expect was to the man to comfort her, like she was his own blood. Like she mattered, and always will. And I am still indebted to the man Grandpa. For his love, even for a day, and for the kindness and care he showed." She told him.

Henry couldn't control and his shoulders shook as he sobbed loudly.
"How can you say that sweets, I caused you pain. I took the chance of love from you, how could I... My Gabriella, she would really be disappointed. You must be hating me. You should be hating me. Why are you saying these things to me ? Why are you trying to make me feel better when you should punish me instead." He asked, and in his words you could now realise how much he was bearing on his shoulders.