chapter 17

tw. throwing up, talk of eating disorders, mentions of suicide.

"when we go home you get help."

dream sighed, he had a problem. he didn't want to fix it though.

"sapnap-"

"no dream, if you want me to stay you can do this one thing." sapnap said cutting dream off.

"sapnap i don't think i can mentally get through quitting." dream choked up.

"that's why i'll be here to help you." sapnap said. "i don't know what it's like being an alcoholic, but i know addiction is hard to get through."

dream sighed to himself, alcohol made him feel happy but so did sapnap. sapnap was making him choose between him and alcohol.

"fine." dream said quietly. "i'll try i guess."

"good, we also need to work on you eating." sapnap said.

dream laughed to himself, even though it wasn't funny he knew he couldn't do both at the same time. but he wanted to get better, he just didn't know where to start.

"okay." dream said, he wanted to make sapnap happy.

"okay let's go eat then."

sapnap opened the door and walked out, dream walked behind sapnap. everyone sat on the couches plates in hand. dream saw waffles on the table, they looked good but he wasn't hungry.

dream looked over at george who was staring at him, george patted the seat next to him. dream told him one second, he ran down to the basement and sorted through his suitcase. he picked up a black hoodie that had a smile on it. he slipped it on and headed back up the stairs.

he took a seat next to george and wrapped his arm around the back of his neck. george grabbed the plate in front of him and handed it to dream, dream stared at the plate in front of him.

dream face went pale, he cheeks started to feel hot and started to burn. he didn't realize everyone was looking at him until he looked up, everyone stared at him with passionate eyes.

"you okay dream?" alex said.

dream nodded his head and set the plate down, he got up and ran to the bathroom shutting and locking the door behind him. he dropped to the floor in front of the toilet, he felt the feeling of throwing up but he couldn't actually throw up.

dream heard the sound of knocks in the bathroom, he ignored it until he heard the sound of georges voice.

"open the door please."

dream crawled over the the door and unlocked the door, george opened the door and walked in. the plate was in his hand.

"hey, what's wrong?" george said lightly.

"nothing i'm just homesick." dream said.

"stop."

dream looked over at george, george sat down next to dream and set the plate down. he crossed his arms.

"what." dream said.

"don't pretend like nothings not wrong." george said. "if you keep ignoring your problems they'll only get worse."

dream sighed to himself.

"nothings wrong george i'm just homesick." dream said.

"then i guess you'll have no problem eating this then."

george slid the plate over to dream, dream looked away from george and the plate. he stared at the wall, his cheeks burned even more now.

"exactly." george said. "now tell me what's wrong."

dream covered his face with his hands, tears ran down his arm and hand dripping onto the ground. george moved closer to dream pulling dream into his chest, dream cried into georges shirt as george ran his fingers through dreams hair.

"come on dream." george said. "you can talk to me."

dream got sat up and wiped the tears off of his face, he looked over to george who was staring at him.

"isn't it obvious?" dream said.

"well i want you to admit it, it's the first step to recovery." george said.

dream stayed silent, the tension grew as they both sat there waiting for someone to say something.

"come on dream. help yourself."

"during my last breakup i was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, bulimia and i'm an alcoholic." dream said. "i'm not proud of it, but it is what it is."

georges smile faded drastically, he looked down to the floor but immediately looked up and spoke.

"i'm proud of you." george said. "for speaking out."

george grabbed onto dream pulling him in, dream cried into george. tears rolled down georges cheeks onto dreams hair.

"i can feel myself slowly giving up." dream mumbled in between cries.

george cried, they could relate in almost every way. they just didn't know it yet.

"dream." george said grabbing onto dreams cheeks. "don't give up."

dream sniffled and returned to georges chest, george rubbed dreams back. they both sat this position for a little bit before george pulled away.

george grabbed the plate and cut the waffle into little tiny pieces, he scooted the plate in front of dream.

"we have to start somewhere." george said. "i'll be happy you just have one piece."

dream looked down at the plate he grabbed the fork and pierced the tiny piece. he held it up to his mouth and tightly shut his eyes. he put the piece into his mouth and swallowed without chewing.

dream threw the fork on the ground and curled up, george threw himself up against dream embracing him tight.

dreams cries were louder and more aggressive, the bathroom door opened up and sapnap walked in shutting it behind him.

george looked behind him, sapnap saw the tear streaks on georges face.

"what happened?" sapnap mouthed to george.

george shook his head and laid his head back on dreams.

dream released from georges embrace and sat up, he picked the plate up and set it on the bathroom counter.

"i'm fine." dream said standing up.

he rushed past sapnap and george, he opened the door and rushed out closing it behind him, leaving the 2 boys alone.

"what actually happened." sapnap whispered.

"we just had a talk about recovery." george said.

sapnap nodded his head.

"i'm glad you can help." sapnap said. "you're the only one he actually listens to."

george smiled a little bit, he grabbed the plate off of the counter and walked out of the bathroom. he looked over at dream who was curled up in a blanket on the couch.

george walked over to the kitchen, he threw the rest of the waffles away and set the plate in the dishwasher.

he walked back over the living room, he walked to the couch and sat next to dream. dream immediately grabbed his hand and squeezed tightly.

george placed his head on dreams shoulder, he suddenly came up with a really good idea to help dream get everything off of his mind.

"get dressed." george said. "i'm going to show you around england."