chapter 20

"i have this really cool spot i want to show you."

dream nodded his head, he sat his head back on the seat. dream lightly smiled to himself, the only thing that's been running through his head from the beginning of this trip was george. all he could think of was george.

he loved george, he really did. he never thought he'd get himself to move on from his past, but he has fortunately.

but one continuous thought ran through his mind.

long distance never works out.

he wanted to believe long distance could work, but the distance was the issue. he knew he wouldn't have to worry about cheating or something along those lines. it wasn't the distance that bothered him it was the fact that he couldn't be with george, he couldn't wake up with him, he couldn't kiss him, he couldn't just be next to him.

that was the part that bothered him the most, maybe they could move in with each other? but that didn't seem realistic, moving countries is extremely difficult. seeing each other every month or every couple of months was also extremely difficult.

maybe he was overthinking, maybe this was as realistic as it gets. he could find a way to make it work, but it would be extremely difficult.

almost impossible.

dream was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't hear george calling his name.

"dream!" george yelled.

dream finally snapped out of his thoughts and looked over to george.

"yeah yeah sorry what's up." dream said.

"i've been calling your name for 5 minutes, we're here."

dream nodded his head and opened the door, he looked around to see they were at what seemed to be an abandoned school. out in the middle of no where, in the middle of a forest.

"what is this?" dream said.

"an old school, i used to go here before it got shut down mid school year." george said.

the school was pretty small, only covering half an acre. it was 2 stories high. an old sign sat at the front of the school it read:

welcome back kiddos!

dream stared at the sign, the atmosphere of all of it was creepy and overwhelmingly weird.

"why'd it shut down?" dream said.

"they didn't have the funding to keep the electricity on or the water running, they were a forgotten school. since it was so small no one cared about it." george said. "this is where i spent my childhood, let me show you around."

george grabbed dreams hand and lead him to the front of the school, he wiggled the door but it was locked.

"here we can climb in through a window." george said.

he ran with dream to the side of the abandoned school, a broken window sat on the side of the school. george let go of dreams hand and climbed through the window, dream heard the sound of glass crunching beneath georges shoes.

"i don't want to ruin wills suit." dream said.

"you won't, don't worry." george said putting his hand out.

dream grabbed onto georges hand and climbed through the window, the inside of the school was dirty. broken glass laid all over the floor, old papers, tree roots were growing through the windows.

it was creepy in there to say the least, the lack of noise and people in the building was weird.

they both walked around the classroom for a little bit, looking at the old notebooks and papers scattered everywhere. desks were placed around the room, some broken apart and rotted.

the school filled with graffiti. every wall had a different piece of art or graffiti on it.

george continued showing him around, showing him the old classrooms he would sit in and mess around in. dream was quite intrigued by the atmosphere of the old school.

although it was creepy, it was comforting to him, it reminded him of when he was in elementary school. no worries, when he would actually enjoy going to school and taking part in activities.

george was excited to show dream around, dream knew how excited he was so he played along with it.

"pretty cool right?" george said smiling.

"very cool, thank you for taking me here." dream said.

george gave dream a warm smile, he was glad dream enjoyed it as much as he did.

"this is like my safe spot, i come here when i need a break." george said.

"well you can bring me here any time."

george leaned up to dream grabbing into his shoulders he embraced his lips into dreams. dream rubbed his finger on georges cheek leading more passion into the kiss.

dream heard little patters come from outside the school, the sound grew heavier as the 2 continued kissing.

dream felt a raindrop on his forehead, he pulled away from the kiss and looked up. the ceiling was leaking.

"we should get out of here." george said grabbing onto dreams hand.

the 2 ran out of the school, running to the car was a struggle as the rain poured onto them soaking every part of their body.

it was getting dark outside but george still wanted to show dream around.

the 2 jumped into the car, the ran pattered on the window as they buckled up. george started the car and drove on the gravel road to get out. soon enough they were on a normal road.

"now let's take you to the good part of england." george said.

dream smiled and nodded his head, he looked forward to see the sun slowly setting down. the sky was gray and it was raining but the sun stood out from it all, a rainbow formed slightly to the left of the sun.

dream felt himself slowly closing his eyes but had no idea he fell asleep until he felt george touch him.

"let's go sleepyhead." george said lightly.

dream looked out the window and saw buildings all around. it was now fully dark but still raining, the buildings lights shined onto the street creating a beautiful glow.

people walked all around, cars drove by. dream undid his seatbelt and got out of the car with george. they both walked onto the side walk and began walking.

the rain fell onto them heavily, everyone around them seemed to have umbrellas besides them. they stayed close holding each others hands.

george walked faster leading dream across the sidewalk into the street, dream pulled george back and lead him into a passionate kiss.

they were both in the middle of the street kissing each other while other people watched, yet they didn't care.

dream held onto georges cheeks while the rain poured on them, cars flew past them and honked but yet they didn't move. this moment was about them not anything else.

they heard voices around them but ignored it, dream pulled george in closer by his waist and pushed his lips harder into georges.

george pulled away from the kiss and looked up at dream with bright eyes and a smile.

"i love you dream."