the ninth

May 25th

"Guess who." A familiar voice fills my ears from behind me and the person the voice belongs to covers my eyes from behind me. I jolt in startle at the sudden intrusion of space.

"Uh— I don't know. Abraham Lincoln." I give a sarcastic answer even though I know the real one.

"You ever gonna stop making the height jokes?" He mumbles into my ear in defeat.

"You ever gonna stop calling me short?"

"Nope."

"I rest my case."

"You never guessed who." He pouts like a child.

I sigh in defeat at his childishness, "William James Davis."

He grips my shoulders flipping me around, so I'm met with his soft blue eyes and warm smile, "Dora!"

"Will!" I yell back as he wraps his arms around my back, "What are you doing here? How did you know where my house is? Is it just you?" I fire questions at him.

"Wow— that's a lot of questions." He sighs still holding me close to his body, "I got bored of the random weather back home. Fallon told me. And no, I brought everybody." I look around his back to see a full car of people unpacking their stuff.

"Will..." I whine.

He lowers his voice to a whisper moving his face closer to mine, "I was gonna come alone but they are persistent and manipulative. You know that."

"Which ones?" Will and I have always been the odd ones out of the group. He's still a bit of a dick but I like him more than everyone else. He still gets along with all of them though. I, on the other hand do not.

"Angela, Charlotte, Lucas, and..." He pinches his eyes shut, like he's scared to say the last thing, "Jasper." My stomach drops at the last name.

"Please tell me this is some sick joke."

"He wasn't gonna come originally but he and Angela insisted that he come."

"Why?" I try to keep my voice down because they are making their way over here.

"Fuck me if I know." He rolls his eyes, letting me go and moving to stand next to me.

"Dora!" Lucas drops everything he's holding and runs towards me. My body is suddenly lifted off the ground and I'm spinning in Lucas' arms.

"Hi Luc!" I gush in a fake excited voice.

"I haven't seen you in forever." He drops me down and I face the rest of them.

"It feels like we never see you even when you are back home." I can already hear the fakeness in Angela's voice.

"Haha, yeah it's almost like I orchestrated that way." I mumble under my breath in fake excitedness.

"You were always a funny one." Jasper's familiar voice adds on in a dead tone unlike the rest of ours.

"Hi Jasper." I internally roll my eyes so I can keep the civil relationship we have going on, "How did you guys get in the gate." I switch the subject as soon as possible.

"I think we broke it to be honest." Of course, they already broke something.

"How do you guys manage—"

Angela looks my house up and down with a slightly disgusted expression, "So, does this mean we all have to sleep in the same room?"

"Yeah, the only extra room I have is the loft. There's a bunch of beds up there."

"Only two rooms?" She mumbles under her breath. Charlotte has yet to say anything to me. They both start walking up to the steps and towards the house, "Seems kind of janky for someone with all that inheritance."

"Watch out for Peanut he doesn't like bitches." I mumble under my breath so only Will can hear me, and he snickers under his breath.

I'm not sure if Lucas and Jasper hear me or not but they follow them up to the house and I turn to Will.

"How long are you guys here?" I already have an irritated tone in my voice.

"Are you mad at me for letting him come?" Will looks down at me, with a guilty frown on his face.

"Yeah, they're the worst. And... seeing him is bringing back memories." I mumble looking directly into his eyes. It's not just bringing back memories. It's bringing back trauma and this horrible feeling in my stomach.

"Memories." He mumbles back, nodding in understanding.

We both stand in silence for a few seconds until he pipes up, "What are we doing today?"

"I have to go to work in an hour."

"Can I come?" He smirks at me.

"Yes sir." I nod with a smile growing on my face, "Do you think they'll want to come?"

"Fuck no. They're only here for a week—"

"A week!?" I yell back at him.

"Im sorry." He whines back, "I wanted to see you on your birthday."

"Cute." I say sarcastically, "My birthdays in four days. You couldn't have postponed this?" He shakes his head.

We're about to turn away to walk to the house when I see Harry running by. He's wearing white shorts and running shoes, but no shirt. He's just getting back from a jog, I assume.

We make eye contact for a few seconds. A few tense seconds.

Last night after he left, I couldn't process what had happened, but now in my sober state of mind, I realize what actually happened.

I told Harry I had a fucking sex dream about him.

I gave him two hickeys.

He gave me three.

I'm not sure if I regret it or not yet.

I don't remember the specifics of it but I'm leaning towards no regrets.

Will turns around to see what I'm looking at and Harry looks away from me to make eye contact with Will. Harry finally runs by and up towards his house and Will turns to me with a devious smirk on his face.

"Who was that?" He uses his accusing voice in a teasing manor.

"My neighbor..." I trail off, stating it like it's an obvious fact.

"What was with the 'I wanna fuck you' stare coming from both of you."

"That was not what the stare meant. We both hate each other." I roll my eyes walking away from him.

"So... you're telling me nothing has happened between you two?" He asks from behind me.

"Uh..." I've never lied to Will. He manages to pull the truth out of me when I do try to lie so there's no use. I mean, I would love to be able to lie to him, but this fucker always manages.

"I knew it. When will you learn, I always know?" I shake my head with a smile, "So what'd you do with him. Blow job? Hand job? Did he eat you out? Finger you?"

"Will! Stop naming off sexual acts. It's weird."

"Answer!"

"All we did was make out a little."

He walks toward me, stopping when he's a few inches from me. He pulls my hair back from where it was covering my shoulders exposing the 3 obvious, purple, hickeys on my neck.

"A little?" He raises an accusing eyebrow.

"I hate you." I roll my eyes at him, turning my head away.

He wraps his arms around me lifting me up, "You do not."

"Just a little bit."

Authors note: see y'all next chapter 👀👀