the nineteenth

Present day
May 29th

"Theadora Rhiannon Mac Knight!"

Harry and I are holding hands and walking towards Betty's house while she yells at me.

"Elizabeth Anne Phillips!" I yell back at her, confused why she's yelling my full name at me. My full name is long as fuck. I always won when we had competitions of the most characters in your name. Not a lot of people could beat 25. A lot of people could make fun of me for having four names. And being named after a Fleetwood Mac song. And Fleetwood Mac.

My dad really liked Fleetwood Mac.

It's why his nickname for me was 'Bird.' His favorite song of theirs was Songbird. After Rhiannon of course.

"It's your birthday!" She smiles when we reach her steps. Harry has been quiet.

Actually, I wouldn't describe it as quiet. More like observant. He's still talking, just not as much as he usually does.

"It is!" I smile when she pulls me into a hug.

"Happy 21 babe." She whispers into my ear in the hug and pulls back.

"And Harry!" She turns to Harry and pulls him into a hug too, "When did this happen? Last time I checked you two hated each other." She pulls us both in, so our shoulders are touching and she's looking at us both. I guess we should've prepared everyone else for the fact that we're not actually dating.

Do we lie and tell the truth later? Do we tell the truth now? I've never been in a fake relationship so I'm not good at this.

I open my mouth to respond but Harry is too quick, "The emotions of love and hate are very close." He pulls me closer.

I guess we're lying. I'm a good liar so who cares. Except for when it's to Harry. Somehow, he always knows how to tell if I'm lying.

Wait a minute. I'm sorry. Did he just say love? Like, love, love?

Even in a fake relationship, loving something scares me. Loving a human terrifies me. The last thing I need is to lose another person right now. I don't think I could take it.

Not that that is relevant to this situation. He doesn't like me. I do like him. And I've accepted the fact that I will die alone.

"I knew you two would hit it off." She smiles and crosses her arms over her chest in a smug triumph.

"Betty knows best." Harry smiles. He's nice to everyone for some reason. I have no idea why. I don't know if its genuine or not, but it seems real. But not everything that seems real is real.

"I have a present for you! I'll be right back!" She claps, turning around and walking into her house for a second.

"Your middle name is Rhiannon?" Harry turns his face to me with a raised eyebrow and a teasing tone in his voice.

"Oh, because your middle name is so cool." I scoff back.

"First of all, there is nothing wrong with the name Edward. Second, I think it's cute." I flick his shoulder and he screws up his face, "And you have two middle names?" He moves his hand down to my ass, just resting it there. It doesn't feel sexual, I don't know what it feels like exactly, but not sexual. More like, he wants to feel closer to me and keep his hands on me. It's comforting.

"Mhm. My mom didn't let my dad have any say in my first name, so he picked my middle names. He couldn't decide between the two so he wrote both down."

"Big fan of Fleetwood Mac I'm guessing." He leans his face closer to mine.

"Very big." I nod, "But who isn't?"