the sixty-third

See, I edited this chapter and then somehow all those edits got deleted and I'm far too tired to re-edit it so you're getting the raw-unedited version. hope it isn't awful.

June 21st

Malibu, CA

"This is a first." I smile and link my arm with Louis'. We're walking into a mansion at the moment. Tonight's job seems simple. But its the biggest thing I've had to do. And very crucial.

"First time going to a party for you, I'm sure." Louis smiles at me and I narrow my eyes at him.

"I was gonna say sneaking into a party just to hop the fence and get into the neighbors house. But I'm sure you've done that too." I respond as we walk through the crowds of people.

This is a huge ass party, I'm not sure who the actual host is but they basically invited every model within a 50 mile radius. Which feels kinda unfair to me, but whatever. There's a few minor celebrities here too, so that's fun.

"I feel like we could've just snuck into the house normally..." Louis says and unbuttons another button.

It's kinda a cocktail party so everyone's dressed pretty casually. Button up shirts, casual dresses and skirts. A lot of bright colors. Everyone else is in a car down the street. Louis and I were apparently the only ones needed for the big part. But everyone had to come along in separate cars. They said they wanted to see it. I would want to see it too, to be honest.

I'm wearing a formal pair of black pants with sparkly heels and a white, silk tank top. Louis is wearing a black silk button up shirt and pretty fitted black dress pants and black shoes. 

There's a couple people looking at us but not a ton since this is a big ass party. There's a low hum of purple light around all the counters and walls. I'm not sure who's party this is but they must be loaded. More loaded than Harry and I combined. I'm not sure how extensive Harrys wealth goes but it can't be as much as how expensive this house must be.

It kind of reminds me of the episode of new girl where they all went to Princes party.

"Neither of us are wearing fence climbing pants." Louis mumbles and pulls me to the bar that's glowing with purple.

"Well, I'm wearing heels and you're not so, I'm gonna be the one getting a boost over the wall." I whisper in response and he scoffs, quietly mumbling our drinks to the bartender.

"Got you a dry martini." He whispers into my ear and then moves the hair back over my ear.

"What'd you get yourself?" I question and look up at him.

"Scotch." He murmurs and looks around the room.

"You and your dark liquor." I smirk and follow his eyes around the room

"It was your boyfriend that got me hooked on it. I was happy living my life as a cheap beer drinker. Until he called me and made me rich. And then bought me my first bottle of expensive whiskey. And I haven't gone back ever since." I'm actually not sure on the backstory of their friendship. I just know that they've known each other for a while and that Harry was the one who got all the guys involved in... whatever it is you call our jobs.

It's weird to me that this is my job now. I used to be a barista and a lifeguard. And a cart girl at a golf course. And now... I am a criminal. I don't really know why we do these things. I don't know who their boss is or what they're doing this for. Do they work for a really big organization? Or a small one? Where did the money we stole from the bank even go?