the sixteenth

i really like this chapter😁

May 27th

"You're not on birth control?" He yells back at me jumping up from his spot. I mimic him and do the same so we're both staring at each other with horrified expressions.

"Why would you assume I'm on birth control?" I yell back at him.

"Because— you know... you have sex!" He yells back like its obvious.

"You're always supposed to wear a condom Harry!" I yell, "Even if you are on birth control!"

"You watched me put my dick in you! You watched me cum!" He yells and points an accusing finger. I feel like he should know that we could just go to the store and buy a Plan B.

"I'm not the owner of the dick!"

"Oh god— I can't be a dad. You can't be pregnant. We can't have a baby. We're still in our 20's—" He rushes out.

I pick up my phone and open my period tracking app, "Fuck! I'm ovulating right now." Harry is still mumbling about how he can't be a dad. We get it.

"W-what do we do now? Do you want to get an abortion? Do you wanna keep it?" His voice is nervous and shaky just like mine.

"No— I can't get an abortion." I instantly shut that down. He looks at me confused.

"Because there would be nothing to abort."

I smile at him across the bed and he just looks at me with the most tense facial expression I've ever seen.

"W-what?"

"I'm on the pill." I turn around walking out of the room, knowing he'll follow me out. I turn into the bathroom, but I don't close the door because I know he's still processing.

"You're... what?" He yells at me while I sit down to pee. I don't want to get a UTI. Those are the worst.

"I'm on birth control." I shrug, like I didn't just almost give him a heart attack.

"Why would you tell me you aren't?" He yells, standing in the doorway.

"Why would you pretend to drown?" I answer his question with my own. "Except with this I didn't make you think you killed me." I stand up to wash my hands.

"This was all to get back at me for pretending to drown?"

"Came up with it on the spot. How was it? Believable?" I smirk, looking up at him through the mirror.

"I thought I was going to be a dad." He finally smiles at me, the initial shock of it all washing off his face.

"No, come on. You're gonna be the cool uncle." I roll my eyes like it's obvious.

"Oh right." He nods smiling when I turn around, "What do you wanna do today?" He wraps his arms around my lower back.

"Uh don't we have to go to work soon?" I ask while he leans his face in closer to mine.

"I got Carmichael and Andrews to cover our shifts. So, I ask again, what do you wanna do today?"

"Fun or practical?" I don't know how Harry has the money to just take off work for a day. His job can't be that high paying. He didn't even go to college.

"Either one."

"I have to go to Quincy to get groceries." I shrug.

"Ok— fuck that. Fun."

"That was the fun option." I joke.

"You're the worst person to make plans with." He teases, walking us out of the bathroom.