the fifty-second

June 13th
Miami, FL

Harry Styles

I feel the bed shake and that wakes me up from my sleep.

I hear rapid breathing coming from the other side of the bed and I slightly squint my eyes open, "Moonlight, baby, what's wrong?" I mumble, my voice comes out crackly and deep.

She doesn't respond which worries me. I open my eyes completely and see a very naked Moonlight sitting up in bed with her hand pressed to her chest. Her chest is heaving up and down as she tries to calm herself down, from what, I'm not sure.

I shoot up in the bed and move myself closer to her, "Baby, talk to me." I say with slight urgency in my voice but quietly as to not stress her out even more.

She's staring blankly at the wall on the opposite side of the quiet hotel room.

I move my face so it's directly in front of her own. She finally focuses on my eyes and hers are filled with fear.

Terror.

"Moonlight, I need you to talk to me." I say again and she chokes on air.

"I—I can't be—" Her voice is cut off by her ragged breathing.

There are heartbreaking tears forming in her eyes and I grab her face to look at her.

"Breathe baby. Tell me what's going on."

"C-clothes." She spits out and I furrow my brows, "I need clothes." She stutters and I widen my eyes.

No. Please tell me I didn't. Please tell me I didn't fucking forget.

"Fuck- oh my god!" I jump up from the bed because I know that in this situation most people need to be comforted and talked to but I know that all Moonlight needs right now is clothes.

I rip open her suitcase and grab a bra and two thick hoodies. She said that if she's ever naked for too long she needs to overcompensate.

I run back over to the bed and pull her to look at me.

"Harry—" She chokes out my name like she's a helpless little girl, but I'm sure she feels like it at the moment.

I cannot believe I forgot. She was just so tired and already asleep. I just dried her off and tucked her into the bed. I even remember to put on my own, stupid, unimportant clothes and completely disregarded her.

I cant believe it.

"It's ok baby. You're ok." I whisper and pull her arms over her head to put the bra on her. She stares at me helplessly and lets me move her body around to cover her up.

I see her choking on her breath and struggling to breathe altogether.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I rush out and pull the first hoodie over her head, "Breathe. Try. You're doing so good, just breathe." I whisper every affirmation that I would want to hear if I were in this situation.

I struggle to pull the second hoodie over her head but when it's on I hold her face in my hands.

"Breathe for me, Moonlight. You're ok. I'm so sorry baby but you're ok now. You're safe." I pull her into my arms but she pushes me away.

I look at her in confusion and she stands up roughly. I watch her in slight shock as she starts to pace around the room.

"No, no, no... please..." Her words are mumbled so I don't quite understand what she's saying.

"Moonlight—"

"Stop it. Stop it!" She yells and smacks herself in the head, her breathing picking up again. I walk over to stand next to her again to see what's happening.