the fifty-ninth

June 19th
New Orleans, LA

"How many shots have you had so far?" Harry asks, leaning against the counter top that I am sitting on.

"Not enough." I smile and he runs his tongue along his cheek.

"A number please, my love." He mumbles and I tilt my head to the side with wide eyes.

"Like... two? I think." I raise the pitch of my voice so that he understands it's an estimate.

"We have to go soon." He responds and I sigh, leaning my body into his.

"I really don't want to." Niall is blasting music in the living room so we're both kind of yelling.

"We only have to do one thing." He reasons with me, "And I got you a present." I raise a brow and look at him.

"What'd you do?" I slur slightly, not out of my drunk state but laziness.

"You're not the key to tonight's plan." I gasp lightly with a smile.

"Really?" He laughs at the happy tone in my voice.

"Yes, really. You don't even have to be there for the plan. It's just me and Liam tonight." He takes a large bite of a cupcake that I'm sure wasn't for him. It was just sitting on the counter. There's three others so maybe they're for everyone. But who got cupcakes? And why only four?

"So you're leaving me at a party in an unfamiliar city?" I ask with a raised brow, "Wow, I thought you cared about me." He can obviously tell I'm joking because he's still smiling.

"I'm sure I can make it up to you somehow..." He smirks and brings his thumb, that now has frosting on it up to his mouth. I watch as he sucks it into his mouth and swirls his tongue around to clean the frosting off.

I narrow my eyes at him and bring my arm back to slap him on the bicep.

Instead, he anticipates it, grabbing my hand before it makes contact and bringing my hand to his mouth and pressing a soft kiss to my knuckles while burning his eyes into mine.

"I hate you." I shake my head and look away from him.

"I'm sure you do, darling." He's always so cocky. I mean, he's right but he doesn't have to be so cheeky about it.

"Awh, fuck you." I mumble, scooting away from him on the counter.

"I know you would like to." He smirks and trails after me. I continue to move further and further away from him until there's no more counter and I would fall off if I tried to get any further away.

"I'm trapped." I whisper into the air.

"There's always the option of not putting your ass where our food goes." Louis picks me up off the counter and I squeak at his sudden appearance. He seems to have a deal with me sitting on counters.

"You know you love it." I smile at him and he just shrugs, not denying it.

"When are we leaving?" He switches the topic of conversation and grabs a bottle of whiskey from the alcohol closet.

A full closet of alcohol.

"Like 10 minutes." Harry mumbles, looking at me adoringly. I give him a look out the side of my eye as he just watches me. His hand propping up his face like a lovesick high schooler.

"Great." Louis walks out of the room, taking a giant sip out of the full bottle of whiskey.

I slowly turn my body to look at Harry with a confused look.